Happiness

Description:In which Wonwoo has to do something he will soon regret just to make Mingyu have the happiness he deserve.
------------------------------------------------------

"Hyung!Wonu hyung!Bro!",Mingyu ran towards his hyung while calling him.Wonwoo stopped walking to wait for him(since he is used to wait).
"Hyung!You won't believe this...I met this girl.She is so pretty and kind too!",Wonwoo rolled his eyes and just listened to Mingyu talking about the girl whilst blushing.

"Hyung...I have a favor to ask...Please help me court her!",Mingyu begged.Wonwoo accepted it even though he is against it but just for the younger.Well actually he had feelings towards the younger.He is just afraid to tell him.He is afraid that the younger will avoid him or find him disgusting.Cause he believes that the younger is straight.
Mingyu is just naive to not feel his feelings towards him.His feelings just grew because of how affectionate Mingyu was,how kind he is,friendly or extrovert,how the sun reflects on his tanned skin,his canines showing when he smiles---okey let's stop.

They are very close to each other in their group.They are already bestfriends since kids.They met when Mingyu moved in to their neighbourhood.At first he is not interested in him,well he gave in because Mingyu is so persistent.

How can no one fall for him especially Wonwoo?

"Thanks hyung!Let's plan tomorrow!Meet me at my house.I'll ask the others too!",
he said excited whilst leaving Wonwoo to go to the girl.He just forced to smile at him just to show a little bit of support for the younger.

'Wonwoo remember...Don't be selfish...Help him get what he wants...If you love him you have to let go.',he told himself from the back of his mind.He just walked home turning back to his emo self.

They are at Mingyu's house right now with their other friends."So guys...Any ideas...?",Mingyu asked,waiting for them to answer."How about you gyu?",Wonwoo asked while the others looked at him worriedly.Yes,they know that Wonwoo likes him.Jun tapped his shoulder and whispered,"Are you sure?",he just nodded and replied that he is fine with it.

"Okey,so I asked her through text and she said yes!",he exclaimed happily whilst the others smiled proudly at him except Wonwoo who faked a smile.Just like a simple courting.They adviced Mingyu to just give the girl a bouquet of flowers or food,treat her lunch or dinner,etc.'I hope he will do that to me too...',Wonwoo thought to himself whilst imagining and was brought back to reality when Soonyoung snapped his fingers in front of him.

"Why are you smiling weirdly?",Soonyoung asked teasingly whilst wiggling his eyebrows but he just answered 'nothing'.

It was the day where Mingyu will ask the girl to be his girlfriend after courting her for many months.(I didn't put any name to the girl cause I have no idea and it's your choice if you name her yourself.).But it ended up Mingyu crying whilst hugging Wonwoo.

"Gyu...What happend?",Wonwoo asked whilst Mingyu just sobbed harder making his clothes wet because of the tears."She...She said...That she doesn't like me at all...She didn't want to be rude so she accepted my request to court her.She is still not ready for a relationship...But she appreciated the things I did to her...",he cried.Wonwoo let go of the
hug and ran.He can't stand watching the important person in his life crying.Mingyu was left with the other friends confused and shocked because of his sudden action.

He actually went to find the girl even though it hurts him so much.He told the girl everything about Mingyu.Convincing her to accept Mingyu.He returned to the group with the girl crying and hugged Mingyu as he watched the scene emotionless.Feeling his heart ache at the sight.But his brain keep on telling him to be happy for them.He did his responsibility as a friend.He should be happy.

"Mingyu...I'm so sorry...I didn't know what I'm thinking...
Maybe...Because I'm scared...I actually liked you too...Thanks to Wonwoo oppa for telling me...",the girl explained that made Mingyu smile and looked at Wonwoo,muttering a 'thank you'.Everyone cheered at the couple.Jeonghan approached Wonwoo whilst looking worriedly at him."Is this okey for you?",he asked whilst his arm around Wonwoo's shoulders."Yeah...I'm fine...He deserves it and I'm happy for them.",he answered,watching the couple whilst holding his tears.

"Uhmmm...I have to go...",he said and walked away taking one last glance at Mingyu,seeing him smile makes him happy even though he was not the reason of it anymore.He knows that he will regret it but it is worth to sacrifice everything and he also know that he might find the right one.

4 years later...

"Hyung!Thanks for being the reason my fiance and I were together.I would like you to be my best man at our wedding!",Mingyu told him as he tried to smile at the younger."Ah...Really?I would love to.When's the wedding?",Wonwoo asked as he felt a paper handed to him.It was an invitation for the younger's wedding.He stared at the invitation,acting excited but deep inside,he felt like he is being punch in the gut.Yes,he still likes Mingyu in all those years.

And in all those years he turned numb from all the pain caused by the one he love.He thought that he would move on by trying a relationship but failed.Since none of the relationships would work out because his heart knows that it only beats for the younger.Mingyu would always comfort him and sometimes,he really wanted to let out his feelings on the younger.He wanted to tell the younger how he loves him and that he was the only one he need.Now,he just let himself suffer by hanging out around the couple or give Mingyu some advice when the younger had a fight or misunderstandings with his girlfriend.

He always thought that he had enough or should stop being with Mingyu,to stay away from the younger.But he couldn't.He would always think that he had a chance,that someday.The younger would realize that it was Wonwoo all along.The person who was with him since they were young was the one he wanted to be with.He just wished things that are impossible to happen.Mingyu is now getting married and as a friend,he could only support.But as a friend who loves his friend romantically,he can only hide how his heart is being broken into pieces as he tried to be happy for them.He already had gone this far and it is too late to announce his feelings.

Wonwoo didn't attend the wedding and just made an excuse.On the day of the wedding,he just stayed at home as he cried and cried until he squeezed all the water in his eyes.That night,Mingyu sent him all of the photos from the wedding and a text that 'wish you were here'.He just stared at it with no reaction.He was just tired from the pain his heart felt and from the crying.Then that's when he felt regret wash over him.He regrets meeting Mingyu.He regrets being friends with Mingu.He regrets helping Mingyu to be with the girl he likes.He regrets not telling his feelings.He regrets that he wasted his chance.And atleast,he learned his lesson.

~End~

The first story in this book is angst😢I'm so sorry...

(Edited Chapter)