01.04 | AUNT GINGER

Start from the beginning

   "As you wish, my knight in shining spectacles." Jodi attempted to curtsy while sitting, although it didn't look very good her faux British accent sounded even worse.

As the teacher escorted Alexei out Jodi couldn't help but smile. He really was her knight in shining amour; he had sacrificed his recesses to sit with her in detention by falling though a window. Jodi couldn't wait to gush to Debbie about this. After all, Alexei Milkovich was Jodi Gallagher's favourite person to talk about.

By the end of the day, Alexei had left school with a two week detention that he claimed he planned to "renew" when it was up, so he could continue to stay with Jodi. During the last few minutes of their detention Jodi had invited over the boy for brownies (not the special ones though,  Lip had taken the remaining ones Frank hadn't eaten, and shared them with Karen.) and of course who was Alexei to say no? So currently, Jodi Gallagher was being "escorted" home by her one and only bestfriend, Alexei Milkovich. But, escorted was really code for "i'm coming over to eat your sober brownies and watch an R-rated movie with you and Carl in secret because Fiona still says no mature movies 'till you're fourteen." (Although Jodi thought that that rule was stupid and she shouldn't have to wait the last few months until her birthday. Which of course led to her now after school plans.)

Once finally arriving at the Gallagher home, Alexei and Jodi immediately dug into the brownies that miraculously were still sitting on the counter. It was only a few minutes later when Carl and Debbie had arrived home, as well as Lip who had barely made an appearance before rushing to Karen's. By the time the kids were on their second R-Rated movie, Ian had came home from work, Mandy Milkovich in tow, which was surprising to almost everyone, most especially her younger brother.

"What are you doing here?" He glared.

"Hanging out with Ian, twerp." She had spat back, just as harshly. Oh, so it's not just my family who does that . . good to know, Jodi thought.

Debbie had left to play with Liam half way through the first movie, so currently it was just Alexei who would flare his nostrils at his sister every few minutes like some type of bull, plus Jodi and Carl who would look at him disturbed (or amazed for Carl, Jodi could never tell with him) every time he would. Ian was far too entranced in the television to notice anyone or anything around him.

Suddenly Mandy moved uncomfortably close to Ian causing him to stand up, stuttering out a, "Do you, uh, want another beer?"

She looked questionably at him but didn't argue. "Okay, but don't be too long." She called to his retreating form as he headed to the kitchen. She waited for him to be gone before kicking Carl, then Alexei. "Get out of here, shitheads."

"Ow, fine, whatever." Carl begrudgingly got up, flipping Mandy off as he did so. Jodi followed his lead—she didn't want to know what Mandy was planning with Ian and she wasn't going to stick around to find out. Ian could handle himself.

"Bitch." Alexei yanked on her hair as they passed her, following Jodi into the kitchen right as Ian was exiting.

"You're leaving?" He looked wide eyed to Carl before turning to the duo who looked both sympathetic and annoyed.

"Yeah," Carl smiled sarcastically, "Enjoy getting herpes." Alexei pat Ian's back uttering a "good luck" before heading for the dinning room table, sitting down.