01.04 | AUNT GINGER

• • • • •

𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘵( 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘶𝘴 )

( 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘶𝘴 )

JODI GALLAGHER huffed as she sat in detention, looking out the window at all the kids running around during recess—what she could've been doing if Lauren Smith wasn't such a bitch. It was her first day back and the in-school punishment was already getting to her, the only upside about being back at school was seeing Alex, but then again, Lauren not being back yet due to her concussion that Jodi had aided her in receiving never failed to guide a smile to her lips.

Jodi gasped slightly as Alexei jumped up from under the window on the other side, grinning ear to ear—Alexei had undoubtedly been the most excited for Jodi Gallagher's return from suspension. No matter his luck with the "dames" of their middle school—Jodi was his only true friend and most likely would be for a long time to come; because Alexei knew Jodi could never judge him.

Alex knew Jo would always understand if he didn't want to talk about his feelings—which he never did.

She immediately grinned back before looking to the teacher who sat at the front of the room reading a porno magazine while attempting to cover it up with a newspaper. Jodi quietly slid open the window, "You're gonna get in trouble!"

   "Since when did Jodi Ann Gallagher ever care about getting in trouble?" He whispered back, leaning his face on the side of the window which pushed his glasses to the side awkwardly.

   "Since she's been banned from recess for the rest of the month!" Jodi rolled her eyes, something she found herself doing a lot around the Milkovich boy.

   As if Jodi was contagious, Alexei rolled his eyes as well. "Watch out."

"Wha–" Before Jodi could finish her sentence Alexei had already slammed open the window all the way, gathering the attention of the few of other kids in detention and the pedo-teacher at the front of the room. "Alex!"

Suddenly he was shoving himself through the open window, falling onto the desk underneath, groaning as he did so. He didn't hesitate before rolling to the floor, clutching his stomach as he smacked into the tilted floors. "Oh, fuck!"

   "Mr. Milkovich! Office, now." The teacher yelled as he approached the duo, one of which was groaning on the floor—the windows had been much higher up than he originally anticipated.

   Alexei slowly pulled himself off the ground with the help of Jodi, before mockingly bowing at her. "I will be back my princess."