01.03 | FRANK THE PLANK

Start from the beginning

   "Who's this?" Veronica questions her attention drawn to the blonde bimbo (Or that was the name Carl and Jodi had taken to calling her after learning that she had sucked off both Ian and Lip. Gross.) sitting in her practically family's living room.

   "Karen," Lip reached for a napkin as Karen smiled slightly, unwrapping her own burger.

   "Hey Karen, nice top." Veronica smiled, "What size are you?"

   "Shh!" Fiona jumped up, shaking her hand at Veronica as the TV show began. "Shut up." The show was of fishermen who fished for crab off a factory boat, it was boring to anyone else but for some reason the Gallagher family made it into a habit of watching together. Beers were passed around the adults as the kids settled into their seats, sipping on their shakes. Jodi leaned back into Carl's legs, her eyes fixated on the program in front of her.

Steve took a sip of his beer as his gaze tore from the show to watching the family interact with eachother. It was silent as they all were invested in the television, but their actions and behaviours didn't go unnoticed by Steve. His gaze wandered from Fiona who was leaning forwards in her seat, to Debbie and Jodi who were leaning into eachother as Carl leaned over Jodi, his hand occasionally yanking on her hair. On purpose, of course—they were still brothers and sisters and what would they be for if they didn't annoy eachother twenty-four seven. He watched as Lip and Karen got closer together and how Ian leaned forwards to get a better look at the TV, much like Carl and Fiona had done. Their mannerisms were eerily similar, he noticed, but that was undoubtedly the last thing that made them into the family they were. Steve had never felt more like a family then he did with their family.

   Like a calm before a storm; because the second that thought ran through his mind, the front door slammed open, ripping all attention from the TV to the bloody, drunk Frank who's nose looked much like Lauren Smith's had after Jodi fought her. "You okay, Frank?"

   "Hey," Ian stood up, walking towards their drunk and beaten father. "Is that my shirt?" He looks down to the blood stained shirt, most likely now permanently stained.

   Frank turned around, a flash of something incomprehensible in his eyes. Jodi gripped Debbies hand, receiving a squeeze in return. "Yeah," Frank nodded, before turning around to face Ian, taking a step towards him.

   Ian takes a step back as Frank takes another step forwards, "Uh, i'm just asking." Ian stutters, a slight fear forming towards his father—a fear no one should need to feel towards a parent.

   Frank doesn't say anything as he whips his head back before wretching it forwards into Ian's nose. Ian falls backwards into the coffee table as everyone let's out some type of gasp at the situation. "Jesus!" Fiona rushes off the couch, Steve following in tow as they rush towards Frank who spits out an excuse.

   "Guy in the bar said to pass it on."