Lucifer turned back to them. "Well my glass is empty. I need to refill it in order to continue this conversation. Perhaps you all ought to join me. I think drinks would help all of us. In any event, put the guns down. Even if you did shoot me, it wouldn't do much."

Dean and Sam reluctantly put their guns away and followed...whoever he was and the other two.

Lucifer immediately went to the kitchen and to the bottle of vodka on the counter.

"Pour me one while you're at it," Maze said.

"You're replacing that before we kill you," Dean said with a glare.

"Happy to. I'll even provide you with a better brand. Honestly, you ought to choose your liquor better," Lucifer said before refilling his glass, pouring Maze one, and walking over to the table and sitting down. He handed Maze her drink on his way.

Maze sat next to her boss.

"So, where were we?" Lucifer asked.

"You were trying to convince us that everything we know about the Devil is wrong," Dean said. His tone conveyed that he wasn't buying it.

"Well, not all of it. I'm sure you've got that I rebelled. That much is true. Your theory on why is probably wrong, but you've got a sliver of the story right," Lucifer said.

"Fine. Enlighten us on what the true story is so I can get on with killing you and your demon friend," Dean said before pouring himself a drink.

Maze laughed. "You wouldn't even begin to know how to take me out, but I welcome your efforts."

"I've been doing this a long time, sweetheart. You'd be far from the first demon I've killed," Dean said smugly.

"You've killed ruined souls who call themselves demons. I doubt you've ever seen one like me before," Maze said.

"Maze, I don't think now is the time," Lucifer said before addressing the others. "Now, I suppose I should start with how I rebelled and why."

"We know why Lucifer rebelled. He wanted to destroy humanity and God wasn't up on that," Dean said.

"What led you to that conclusion. Humanity never bothered me one way or the other," Lucifer said.

"You're lying. This story has been engrained in me since I was a fledgling. You hated humanity. You used the apple to prove that humans weren't worthy of existing," Castiel said.

"No. I don't deny using the apple to tempt Eve, but it wasn't because I hated humanity. No, that was just a means to an end. I was trying to prove a point. Of course, Dad wasn't too happy when I made that point perfectly," Lucifer said.

"What point was that?" Sam asked.

"The existence of Free Will. That's what I wanted. I wanted to be able to get out from under my father's dictatorship. I wanted to show him and my siblings that there was something besides his law. I'd wanted to prove that for some time, and with the Mark of Cain, I finally had the balls to do it," Lucifer explained.

"You're lying," Castiel said.

"No, he's not. Castiel, whatever you may think of him, whatever I do, he doesn't lie, ever. And I was there when he fell. I know what happened better than you do," Amenadiel said.

"Then why have we been taught for so long that it was different? And if we were being lied to, why didn't you relieve us of the lie?" Castiel asked.

"Most of the story was a result of the situation being jumbled up through bad rumours, but that part was fabricated by Michael. I think he believed he'd receive a better outcome for the apocalypse if you thought you were fighting someone who was trying to destroy God's creations. It was a much better fight than with a man who simply wanted to make his own choice. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with what Luci did. I believe Father's word is law," Amenadiel said.