1. A New Page

Tuesday mornings are Taehyung's favorite.

He specifically chose that day to open the shop later, allowing himself several hours to sort through the new stock of books.

Peruse a couple that peak his interest before his employees get there to stock the shelves.

The cafe on the street corner serves his favorite strawberry juice mixer and for some reason, it tastes better on Tuesdays.

It's colder than it has been in weeks, thankful for his sweater that he almost didn't wear today.. Taehyung takes in a deep breath of the morning air, he's doing better.

.•*

"What do you want to get hyung??" the man whines, already knowing what his best friend is calling for

"Jeonggukkie, please, there's this cute little bookshop on Goyeon ave. Just ask whoever's working for a book for the man who's read everything. I don't have time to go myself before Joonie's birthday dinner tonight!!"

Jeongguk sighs into the phone "don't worry I'll get it. see you later"

He's really not familiar with Goyeon ave, the shopping center is quaint but filled with shops. Probably two dozen along the entire street.

and if he's entirely honest? he's never seen this book store, Jimin talks about.

Still he heads that way, backpack in tow and air-pods in ear. He only has a few hours before he has to be at a meeting to book a new radio host for their station.

Finding the bookshop turns out to be easy, it's directly across from the music store that his parents used to bring him to growing up.

His brows furrow when he finds a locked door, disappointment lacing his features when he sees that they don't open until noon on Tuesdays.

Jimin will kill him if he doesn't snag this book, peeping in through the glass of the door his breath gets caught in his throat.

Without a doubt the most handsome man he's ever seen is seated on a small sofa chair with a book in hand.

A part of him wants to run for fear of making a fool of himself, but the part of him that's terrified of his tiny hyung's rage, wins.

He knocks on the door, it takes a few times before the man looks up from his book with wide eyes—fuck he's so cute.

"I'm sorry, we aren't open—"

"I know, um I shouldn't have knocked you see because I saw the sign you know, clearly you don't open until noon, and i'm so sorry really but it's my hyung's birthday tonight and I wanted to buy his gift here because wow books are great and this shop is great and this is my only time to stop by" he pauses, sees the small grin and raised brows of the handsome man "and I'm rambling like an idiot aren't I?"

The man giggles, a breathy laughter that entirely lights up Jeongguk's eyes. "I'll make an exception, just this once. Come on in."

and he does, follows right behind the man. Stands there for a few moments as he sees him take his seat once again.

Maybe two minutes pass before he hears "do you know what you're looking for?"

Jeongguk scratches the back of his neck "no um, actually my hyung he reads a lot so like what's a book he probably hasn't read?"

The man seems to think for a moment before he's walking around, finding a shelf of novels and pulls one with a big grin "I always recommend this one, it's a great gift because honestly any reader could enjoy it"

Less by Andrew Sean Greer

Jeongguk looks at the cover and flips it over, pleasantly surprised to see a translated version of the book, "oh yeah I've read this one. great choice um—"

"Taehyung, Kim Taehyung" the man smiles, reaching out a hand that Jeongguk eagerly shakes, dropping the book he was just given straight to the ground.

"I.. Uh—" he coughs, god it's been awhile since he's been this flustered "I'm Jeon Jeongguk, and thank you for letting me in."

he pays then, smiles when Taehyung takes the time to wrap the book in a nice looking brown paper, tying a small white ribbon around it to keep it in place

"I hope your hyung enjoys this book, Mr. Jeon. Come see us soon" he says with a bright, smile.

Jeongguk will, he absolutely will.