Chapter Seventeen: Kylo Ren

As expected, Luke passed his trails with ease. He was very strong with the force, in a different way than Amara and me. We had a strong connection with the force we could sense many things. But Luke, he was strong in his sight in the force. He had no temptations to sway to bad decisions. His mind was clear, and he knew exactly what to do. When he came out of the simulation trails, he knew he had passed, he was happier than ever. He was well on his way to becoming a Jedi master.

"Congratulations Jedi Knight." I bowed in respect to him. "I am very proud of you, my son."

"I can't believe I am actually a knight!" He was so excited.

"You still have much to learn. I need to show you something, Luke."

"Is something wrong dad?" He was concerned.

"Nothing is wrong." I smiled. "Follow me." I led him into a mediation room where Amara sat on a pod with her eyes closed. "Hello, my love. Luke and I have come to join you." She looked up smiling at me, knowing it was time to tell our son what happened. Luke sat next to Amara and I sat on the other side of him. "We want to tell you something," I said, turning to face him.

"Okay..." his voice lingered, unsure what was going to happen.

"Obi-Wan, your mother, and I went on a mission to a planet called Mortis. This planet had a distress beacon that was on for over 2000 years." Luke raised an eyebrow at me, he didn't stop me, so I continued. "When we got to this planet, we started to climb this mountain trying to figure out where any form of life was. I was ahead of your mother and Obi-Wan when a boulder separated us." Amara nodded, trying to get me to keep going. "I met the force wielders," I said, knowing he would know who they are.

"The father, the son, and the daughter?" His eyes were bright.

"Yes."

"The same ones in ancient Jedi temples?" I nodded.

"The father told me the prophecy of the chosen one."

"But you are the chosen one." He interrupted.

"Luke, let your father finish," Amara said.

"He told me the chosen one was meant to stay there and balance his children. Your mother and Obi-Wan were in a storm that was destroying the planet, the father wouldn't let me leave to see them. So, I stayed in the temple with him. I had a nightmare about your mother, dying. There was a demonic bird flying above her. When I woke up that same bird was in my room. I told the father and he assured me not to worry. He told me more about the prophecy and led me onto a platform. Obi-Wan and your mother were being held captive by these birds. The daughter and the son forced me to tame them both, solidifying that I was the chosen one. But the son ran away, I followed him, and he showed me the future." I looked down. I stretched my hand out. "I want you to see what he showed me. I want you to feel the dark side, to understand why it is dangerous." Luke was hesitant.

"Luke, this is no test. We just want you to understand." Amara said and Luke grabbed my hand.

Amara was pregnant with my child; I could feel it within her. The Jedi temple being destroyed and burned, by me. I slain everyone in the temple with the clones. Then Amara was fighting me with Obi-Wan on Mustafar. Obi-Wan had cut my limbs off and left me on the beach, lava catching me on fire and nearly killing me. Obi-Wan was yelling at me that he loved me and I was his brother. My passion and hate burning inside of me, I had turned to the dark side. Amara gave birth to our children, a boy, and a girl, but I wasn't there to see it. Obi-Wan was with her, helping her because I couldn't. I would never see my children as Anakin Skywalker. She was screaming out for me. I could feel her life force draining from her, she wasn't going to make it through without me. When she died, she took a part of me with her, the only good left in me. Darth Vader, the name rang in my head. It was piercing my skull, that was my Sith Lord name. I could feel him trying to take over me right here right now again. Pain and suffering, so many planets were destroyed because of Vader, so many innocent lives I would take. I could hear a mechanical, unhuman like breathing and see a black suit. It was hurting me, burning and poking my burnt skin. The Sith Lord, he stood next to me as we looked into space. He turned to me. It was Chancellor Palpatine. I saw Luke but he was fighting me, trying to get me to change back to the light side. Luke had defeated me and stood over me ready to end my life. The Chancellor was trying to persuade him to kill me and take my place. Luke dropped his lightsaber. The chancellor shocked him, almost killing him and saved Luke but I was dying from damage to my suit. "Tell your sister you were right about me," echoed in my head.

I pulled my hand away from Luke. I could feel the anger boiling in me. I knew my eyes were glowing because Luke was staring at me wide-eyed.

"Father, I had a dream about Darth Vader and a Kylo Ren." He told me.

"What? Who is Kylo Ren?" Amara said standing up.

"The dark-haired man," I said and Luke nodded. "What were they doing?"

"Dad, he was calling you Darth Vader and you were fighting. He said he would finish what you could not." Luke was still in shock.

"Kylo Ren?" I pondered as I stood up. I have never heard of this man nor have I seen him. How would he know about Darth Vader? "Son, show me and your mother what you saw." I looked at him. He hesitated and reached out his hand.

The ground was white with snow. Crait was the planet we were on; I could tell by the red soil all around us. I could see myself standing in front of a man with long black hair. The same man I have been seeing in my visions. His lightsaber was uncontainable. It was a cross member lightsaber, but it buzzed, unlike the normal sabers everyone else had. He was pointing it in my face. "I know who you are. I know what you were to become. You were weak, you couldn't bring balance to the force." His voice was deep and full of anger and regret. I reached out my hand to him, offering to help him find the light, but he refused. "Kylo Ren doesn't need help from the failed prodigy, Darth Vader." He spat. He lowered his saber and Amara came running from behind me. Kylo Ren shoved his lightsaber into my torso, holding me as I feel to the ground. I reached my hand out to him, holding his arm tight like we had a connection. "I will do what I must, Skywalker." He hissed in my face, but for a moment I could see the light in his eyes. We had a connection, we knew each other. "I will always love you," I said before falling back into Amara's arms as he pulled the saber out of me.

I gasped for air as I came back to reality. Amara was shocked, she couldn't even move. Kylo Ren, I thought.

"Dad, what do you think that was?"

"Luke, it's a vision of what is to come," I said before making my way out of the room, leaving Luke and Amara behind.