Chapter Five: Our First Mission

Picture from: www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-bits-41/

Disclaimer: I do not own rights to these characters or Star Wars.

_________________________________________________________

Anakin flew us to the coordinates Obi-Wan had given us. He was silent the whole way and I thought about probing his mind for information but that would only cause this fight to get worse. I don't even know why we are fighting.

"We aren't fighting," Anakin said keeping his eyes focused on where we were going.

"Were you reading my mind?" I could feel my face tighten.

"You've been silent this whole ride." Anakin sounded concerned.

"You have been too. You've been acting weird since we met with Obi-Wan in the briefing room. I don't understand why you are upset or what is even going on." He turned to face me.

"I don't know why I am upset. Something about that meeting made me feel uneasy. Something is wrong with Obi-Wan. What if this is a setup?"

"You think Obi-Wan, your master, would set you up?" I scoffed at the thought.

"Something in the force is telling me something is wrong." I couldn't doubt his connection with the force. He was one of the most well-tuned Jedi's in history, almost as if he was created straight from it. "Something bad is going to happen."

"Anakin let's just get in that ship and get the information and get out. We can't disobey a direct order from the council."

"You're right, let's get this over with." Anakin had maneuvered us around the fleet of separatist ships, undetected. He truly was a great pilot.

Once we were on the ship, it was silent. No droids clanking around. Almost as if no one was here.

Something isn't right here. Anakin's voice hummed in my mind.

There is something off here. Maybe they are all in the command room? I thought back.

Are you sure you still want to do this? It's an obvious trap.

I thought back to the meeting with Obi-Wan... "If anyone could adapt to a mission like this, it would be the two of you."

Anakin, I think Obi-Wan did know it was a trap.

"I knew it." Anakin stood up

"So now we just let them know we are here?" I stood up rubbing my temple.

"They already do." As if on command, doors all around us started to shut, trapping us in a small room we had snuck into. "He knew they would know we were here. He wanted us to get caught."

"There has to be a way out of here. Look, a vent we can fit in. Help me pull this off." I climbed on top of a desk and started pulling. Anakin was standing there thinking.

"Amara. Get in there, I will help you. Close it after you and I will use our connection to tell you where I am so you can help me out. I love you." He finished and I had already climbed in the vent. He was closing it behind me.

"I love you too. May the force be with you." I responded. As soon as the vent was secured the hatch opened. A tall white droid entered the room, coughing. Wait a droid was coughing? That wasn't just any droid, this was General Grievous. He was much more menacing in person than he was through a hologram. He approached Anakin slowly.

"Anakin Skywalker, I was expecting someone with your reputation to be a little," his voice trailed off. By now he was in Anakin's face. "Older," Grievous finished his sentence. Anakin was calm and confident, he knew I had his back no matter what happened he was getting out of this.

"General Grievous, you're shorter than I expected." Anakin had a smug smile on his face.

"Jedi scum," he spat in Anakin's face.  Take him away," Grievous ordered two droids to take him away. These weren't any droids, these were his personal bodyguards. They were IG units, some of the most deadly droids in the galaxy. My throat tightened, I was worried about Anakin.

Everything will be fine Amara. Stay calm and follow us through the ventilation system quietly. He will more than likely take me to his command room.

Are you sure you're going to be okay Anakin?

Amara, I can handle myself for now. Please just stick to the plan.

As they walked through the ship, I followed through the ventilation system, staying as quiet as I could. No one heard me. Finally, they made it to the command room. A hologram pulled up and it was Count Dooku.

"Anakin Skywalker, what a surprise. I thought for sure they would send Obi-Wan to deal with Grievous, after all, he is the negotiator."

"My master couldn't make it due to unforeseen complications. I'm sure you had something to do with that Count Dooku."

"As charming as ever, young Skywalker. Take him to lockdown." Dooku commanded and the droids took Anakin away.

"It is unlike the Jedi to send one of their own to infiltrate a ship. Do not let him escape Grievous or it will be your undoing." Dooku's image faded away. I made my way down the ventilation following Anakin.

Anakin, what are we doing to do about the information?

Don't worry about that Amara, I already got it under control. While Dooku and I were talking I put a chip into the console next to me and when I was walking out I pulled it out. It is in my hand now.

You are brilliant Anakin. Truly the best Jedi out there. That comment made me smile and I could feel Anakin's happiness from here. They closed the hatch door after throwing Anakin in the room. I waited a minute before I opened the vent for Anakin to get in. He had cut the cuffs off with his lightsaber, they forgot to take from him. I reached my hand out to him and he grabbed it. He quietly got into the ventilation with me and secured the hatch behind us. We quietly made our way back to where we had come in. Stupid Grievous left the door wide unattended. He had moved all his forces to guard Anakin's door. We jumped down and exited the ship. It was almost too easy. Anakin detached from the ship and we jumped into hyperspace.

"Well I am glad they sent two of us, I wouldn't have wanted to do that without you," Anakin said leaning back in his chair. I was standing behind his chair, rubbing his shoulders. Anakin had already sent the information to Obi-Wan and our mission was completed. We were to come back to Coruscant and get ready for our next assignments. "We only have 20 more minutes in hyperspace, where no one can contact us. Your R2 unit is driving." Anakin said and grabbed my hand. I walked around to the front of his chair and sat in his lap. He held me bridal style and I laid my head against his chest.

"I'm sorry I was being such a jerk earlier." He whispered in my ear.

"I understand it can be frustrating when the council isn't entirely honest with you." I looked at him and put my hand on his face.

"You're truly so beautiful, Amara." He grabbed my messy bun and let it fall. I brought my lips to his lips and we stayed like this for what felt like hours. R2 beeped at us to let us know that we were coming out of hyperspace and approaching Coruscant. I got off of Anakin's lap with one last little kiss and made my way to the co-pilot's chair.