Chapter Fourteen: A New Age

*Anakin's POV*

I carried Amara to the medical bay in the Senate building. Padme had been in the hallway and seen us. She rushed over to me asking if Amara was okay. By now she had blacked out from hitting her head so hard.

"She is fine, Padme." I could feel that she was okay, just hurt very badly. I was leaving a trail of blood as I walked slowly with her in my arms, trying not to scare the senators passing us by.

"Anakin, she is bleeding pretty badly. Do you need help?" She just wanted to help, after all the chaos she had created between Amara and me. I know she felt bad for what she had done. Padme held pressure on the back of Amara's head, walking with me. She put her hand on my back. "She's going to be okay." Padme's voice was comforting, almost like a mother's voice to a child. Finally, we arrived at the medical center. I told the medical droids what had happened, and they took her from me. Padme stood in the hallway with me while they tried to bring Amara back.

"Thank you, Padme," I said rubbing my neck.

"I would do anything to help a friend." She smiled at me. "I am sorry for causing so much turmoil in your life, I regret kissing you that day." She was looking down now.

"It's not a big deal now," I said hugging her. "You will always be my closest friend." She let me go and I leaned against the wall behind me. The hatch to the medical center opened. I turned around, excited to see Amara. But it was Obi-Wan. "Are you feeling better master?"

"It was just a scratch." He was smiling, trying not to acknowledge the fact Palpatine had bested him. "How is Amara?" He asked.

"She's still in there, they are running the tests on her I'm sure they are just trying to make sure the damage isn't too bad." I was looking down now.

"You should go back to the temple," Obi-Wan said.

"I'm not leaving until I know she is okay," I said. A droid was behind Obi-Wan now.

"General Skywalker," it was looking at me. "The doctor would like to see you." It turned and walked away. I looked at Padme and she smiled and nodded at me.

"Let me know if she's okay. I will be at my apartment." She hugged me again.

"I will wait here," Obi-Wan said, sitting in a chair against the wall. I nodded, following the droid. We walked down a long hallway and stopped at a door; the droid motioned for me to enter the room. Amara was sitting up and looking around.

"Anakin?" Her eyes found me.

"Amara, you're okay!" I ran to her hugging her. She winced in pain. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you."

"It's okay, I know you didn't," she was smiling at me now. "We did it! The war is over." I rubbed my neck.

"Count Dooku is still alive. Until we catch him, this war can't be over."

"I forgot about him." She rolled her eyes. The hatch opened and a woman came through the door.

"Hello, I am Doctor Tillo. Amara, it looks like the treatment worked and you are awake now. But I come bearing interesting news." She stopped. "Are you aware that you are pregnant, with twins?" She asked. I looked at Amara and her eyes were open.

"Pregnant?" Amara said.

"Are the babies okay!?" I was shocked.

"Yes, they are surprising. You are two months pregnant, but they are completely unharmed." The doctor was confused. "I assume you are the father, General?" She raised an eyebrow. I was smiling so big my face hurt.