Chapter Twelve: Mortis

*Anakin's POV*

It had been two months since we got home from Ryloth. I had barely seen Amara. I spent my spare time in training for combat. My com-link buzzed in my pocket. "General Skywalker, please report to the command center." Mace Windu's voice was serious, but I could tell I wasn't in too much trouble. I walked to the command center and ran into Obi-Wan.

"Fancy meeting the both of you here," Amara smiled at us. Obi-Wan wasn't so welcoming this time.

"General Brodi, General Skywalker, Master Obi-Wan." Mace great us all. "I have an important mission for you. For 2000 years a distress signal has been radiating in this remote place, we just received it and need you guys to investigate it."

"All three of us?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Yes, all three of you. You are dismissed. I will send the coordinates to General Brodi's R2 unit."

We all loaded on a ship and made our way to the coordinates, none of us talked.

____________________________________________________

We arrived at a planet after we went through a portal in space. It was so odd; we all sensed a very strong presence in the force. It was radiating from this place, a pull we couldn't ignore even if it wasn't our mission. The sun was setting on this planet as we landed, but it looked like a storm was coming and it didn't look pretty. I opened the ramp and we started walking, wondering if there were any life forms here. Surely there had to be considering we were sent here because a distress call, why else would there be one? I lead the way so Obi-Wan and Amara wouldn't get lost from me, I couldn't handle anything happening to either of them. Obi-Wan was like a father to me and Amara. She is on a whole other level. I got lost in my thoughts as I climbed the mountain by where we had landed. A rock fell and broke the ledge of the mountain and Amara and Obi-Wan were stuck on the other side.

"Amara? Obi-Wan?" I called but there was no response, not one I could hear over the roar of lightning heading our way. I took out my com-link and called out again.

"We are here Anakin, don't worry about us. We will find shelter from this storm; you need to find somewhere too, and we will reunite when it passes." Amara's sweet voice soothed my nerves.

"Okay, may the force be with you," I said before putting my com-link away. I saw a shadow move along the path I was on. "Hello?" I said running after it. It led me to a temple, a tall ancient temple. A man greeted me explaining he was a force wielder, something I had never heard of.

"It was said that one day the chosen one would come." He said, "I keep the balance on this planet, my son is the darkness and my daughter is the light. Only the chosen one and I can keep them in balance. It is your destiny to keep this place in balance if you are the chosen one." I was shocked by all this information. I just met this man and he was already telling me that I had no choice but to stay and keep the force in balance, that this was my destiny. I had a life on Coruscant. I thought of Obi-Wan and all the Jedi I had sworn my life to; Qui-Gon Jinn, Ashoka, and finally Amara. She was somewhere trapped on this planet in the storm. I could feel the force of the lightning striking the ground and destroying the planet. This horrible storm and Amara and Obi-Wan are out there. Are they safe? How could they be?!

"My friends, I have to help them." I reached for the com-link, but it was nowhere to be found, I must have dropped it chasing that thing to this temple.

"You shouldn't go out into the storm; your friends are safe for now my daughter has found them and will care for them during this storm. You must rest now, chosen one." I followed him to a room, it was so horrible outside I couldn't help but think of Amara. She is out there with Obi-Wan and some stranger in this weather, it is probably cold out there. I wonder if they made it back to the ship or if they just found a cave. My body longed to hold Amara in my arms, to feel her heartbeat and warmth against me. I know we had just rekindled our relationship, but she is all I ever wanted, I could feel it deep in my being we were meant to be together.