Chapter Two

I woke up to a pounding headache, I was laying in my bed. I can't even remember how I got here. I reach into my nightstand drawer and pull out ibuprofen. God what even happened last night? I sit up slowly adjusting to the light. Suddenly my bedroom door opens, "So?" I look at my brother Atlas like he has four heads.
                "What?" He rolls his eyes, "So who was that guy who brought you in last night?" My eyes widen, "A guy brought me home?" Atlas chuckles and says, "Damn sis I didn't take you for a drinker, yes, he carried you up into your room." I try to remember but it wouldn't come back to me.
                      "Yeah, he was pretty scary looking when he saw me all he said "was watch over her if one hair on her head is out of place I'll gut you" it was pretty weird." I shake my head, "I have no idea I seriously can't even remember last night."
                       Atlas was only 1 minute younger than, being my twin and all. He was more of the partier than I was, he had dark brown hair which was almost black, with the same blue eyes I had.
                      He quite literally was the boy looking version of me. "Ugh, can you hand me my phone?" He rolls his eyes, and hands me it.
                     "I need to call Sarah, get out." Without another word he left. I dial her number and she answers automatically.
                   "Oh my god Layla! What the hell happened last night? You and Kade just disappeared no one heard from either of you we were worried sick!"
                   I sigh, "I wish I knew, I'm about to go over to Kades and see how he's doing. Atlas said some guy brought me home."
                    "Oh my god was it Nathan! I heard he took your first kiss! Did you give it all up to him after one drink Layla!"
                    No, Atlas knew who Nathan was.
                     "No, Atlas said he didn't know the guy. I'll call you after I go see Kade. Bye."
                      After she hangs up, I make my way out of my house and go next door to Kades house. I knock on the door, but no one answers. Good thing I know where the key is. I grab it out of the flower pot, and shove it into the door.
                   I then hurry up to Kades room. I push open the door, and look at his bed. Blood stained his bed, my heart started to pound in panic. "Kade!" I look around for him only to here the shower running in the bathroom. I immediately rush into the bathroom without knocking.
                  "Ahhh what the hell!" He screams from behind the curtain. "Are you okay! There's blood on your bed!" He gives me a nervous look with his head peeping out from behind the curtain. "I got a really bad nose bleed, damnit Layla go wait in my room I'm coming out!" I felt myself calm down a little bit at that and I walk out.
               That's a lot of blood for a nose bleed...
                I hear the shower cut off and then Kade comes out instantly with a towel wrapped around his waist. I couldn't help but eye him up and down, when the hell did Kade get so built?
                 He was always the scrawny skinny type. How have I not noticed this kind of change? Why is he just in a towel! "Close your mouth you'll catch a fly." I gasp, and cover my eyes. I hear him laugh, and then he says, "You can open them now."
                   He had grey sweatpants hanging low on his waist now and might I say that v-line... God what the hell is wrong with me?
                   "What the hell happened last night Kade?" He shrugs simply, "Um, which part?" I sigh rubbing my eyes, "Everything after drinking that Loko thing." He nods sitting down beside me away from the blood, "You jumped in the pool, and started sucking face with Nathan. So I took a walk into the woods. You stopped before it went to far though." I face palm, making my headache worse.
                "No oh my god no!" He laughs, "Yeah, you totally did."
                 "How did we get home?" Kade seemed to freeze at my question, he rubbed his hands nervously in his lap. "Um, I walked home. You caught a ride from some guy." I couldn't recall any of this.
                  "God I can't remember any of that. How did I get that messed up after one drink?" He smiles at me, "Those Four Loko things really put us under the table."
                That's when it dawned on me, "Where are your glasses?" He shrugs, "I don't need them anymore." I scoff, "Did you get contacts?" He nods quickly.
                Maybe his mom ordered them for him. He takes a large gulp of Mountain Dew. What the hell, "Are you stupid your blood sugar!" I try to snatch it but he pulls it away very fast. "It's fine, my doctor said my diabetes is gone!"
                "Wait you went into remission?" He nods.
                 "But literally yesterday you were still diabetic?" He gives me an angry look, "Can you stop asking so many questions and just be happy for me?" I glare at him, "Not when you're trying to tell me all of these things just happened over night!"
                      He stands up aggressively and yells back, "It's none of your fucking business Layla!" I look at him in shock, Kade has never talked to me like that. "It is my business, you're my bestfriend Kade! So fuck your stupid little anger problem you also got over night!" He suddenly makes a weird growling noise and flips his coffee table acrossed the room into the wall. I gasp and step back.
Suddenly a tall dark haired man throws the door open, Kade and him look at each other having a secret conversation. I glare at the guy and yell, "Who the hell are you?" His cold brown eyes snap to me, and I freeze. "You need to leave." I heard Kade start breathing heavy and I reply back to that man, "Last time I checked you don't live here!" Suddenly he walks towards me.
                  He stops when he gets right in front of me. "I said leave." Who the hell does he think he is? Noticing I wasn't moving, he grips my arm harshly, and starts forcing me to the door. I scream out in frustration, "Let me go!" I go to slap the asshole, but in a second my two hands are caught and I am pinned against the wall. I gasp in shock as he leans closer, his mouth grazes my ear as he says, "We can do this the hard way or the easy way.... I'm kind of hoping you pick the hard way, darling."
                   He lets me go, and I give Kade a look of betrayal. For some reason I felt hot at the mans touch. With one final look at the jaw droppingly handsome man, I turn on my heel and leave.