5 | emotions | rk900 x reader imagine

the absolutely b e a u t i f u l art above is by xxiujj on twitter! i love their art style so much abdkabxkqmkdnqk 🥺🙏🏻💞💗
thank you so so much for all the support on this book !! it's the first thing i've written for this fandom, and the first oneshot book i've written ever, so it means a lot. :)

here's another xreader imagine ! i have a reed900 oneshot that i'll post tomorrow, i just need to finish writing it. <3

nines as your partner

- he was hopelessly in love with you months before you asked him out, but your friendship meant everything and the thought of losing it caused several major thirium pump errors.

- when you first asked him on a date, he had to do a minor system reboot from the overwhelming emotion

- and when you kissed for the first time, he was forced into emergency shutdown for five minutes.

- he wasn't made with any kind of social programming, and he can't produce facial expressions like connor can. it's his biggest insecurity: he was programmed to be stronger, smarter, better than his predecessor in every way, yet in this new world of deviancy and emotion he feels like he might as well be obsolete.

- but you know him so well, you can read him like a book - can tell by the slight narrowing of his left eye when he's enraged, know he's wrecked with sorrow when his eyebrows lower a millimeter. his confused-looking grimace of a smile makes your heart flutter hopelessly. and you know to stroke his hand, murmur soothing words, when he's so unbearably overwhelmed that his voice falls flat and robotic.

- you tell him all this - assure him that he's just as capable of showing emotion as any other deviant. he doesn't believe you, but he loves you for it anyway.

- he's obsessed with your hair. the texture, the colour, the little baby hairs that rest around your ears and forehead - all of it.

- you can tell he's had a rough night when you wake up with your hair half-braided. when his processor bombards him with endless preconstructions and he can't enter stasis (you mean you're stressed and can't get to sleep, you tell him, but he insists on using technical terms), he curls into your warmth and braids your hair until his processor slows. 'i find it highly pleasing,' he says. you think it's the sweetest thing in the world.

- he has a smooth, ken doll-like anatomy (cyberlife built him to hunt and destroy, not integrate with humans like connor - why would he have genitals?) and is incompatible with the wr400 parts. he can't feel pleasure like a normal android would (like connor does, taunts him from the shadows of his processor).
but he licks everything: the slope of your collarbone, the tiny scars you didn't even know you had until he was all over them, the gentle lines on your knuckles... he says that the sensory overload is intensely pleasant, or something similarly weird and adorably android-y. he clearly loves it, so you let him do his thing.

- you'll never understand how much he loves you.

<3