Chapter 2

June 13, 9:30 AM

She's been gone too long. "Bradly! Watch the little kids! I'll be right back!"

"What the heck? Why?" He yells from the lifeguard's chair.

"Just- watch them, okay?" I yell. He groans and nods his head. I run to the bathrooms and realise something.

I can't go in there! What am I gonna do? I decide to knock on the bathroom door to see if anyone is in there.

No response.

Taking the chance, I barge into the room.

No one.

I turn around and head out of the bathroom. Where is she? I walk around the back of the building. No one is there. I shake my head and walk away. She'll come back eventually.

I reach the lake and wade in. "You're back!" Bradly yells from the lifeguard's chair. "Hey can you come here? I want to talk to you!"

"Sure," I yell in response. I climb out of the water and towards the lifeguard's chair. It's on a platform half the hight of me, so Bradly appears taller. In reality, he is a few inches shorter than me.

"Hey, have you seen (Y/N)? She left for the bathroom... What? Forty minutes ago? I haven't seen her since then." He asks while I climb up to the platform.

"No. That's actually where I went when I told you to watch all the little ones. I realized she'd been gone too long and I went to check," I said, a look of worry on my face.

"Well she'll turn up eventually, right? She always does."

I let out a half-hearted chuckle, then sighed, "I hope so..."

· · ·

I walk back to the lake and jump in. "Hey Sammy!" I yell.

He looks confused. "(Y/N)? Where have you been?" Now it's my turn to be confused.

"What do you mean? I've been in the bathroom like I said."

"No no no. It's already ten. You left at like nine. Where have you been?"

"The bathroom," I say again. I have no idea what he's talking about.

"I checked the bathroom! Like thirty minutes ago! You. Weren't. In. There."

"The girl's bathroom? You checked the girl's bathroom? That's just... Weird and... Creepy..." I say, confused at why my brother would have done something like that.

"That's besides the point!" He yells. "You. Were. Not. In. The. Girl's. Bathroom."

I'm astonished. Sammy never yells at me like that. I hate yelling so much, and a tear slips down my cheek.

"You're worthless!" She yelled. I was balling my eyes out and shaking. I rocked back and forth to try and calm myself. "Just leave you spoiled brat! Leave and never come back!" I seriously considered this action, but I couldn't leave Sammy.

I swim to the shore, and another tear slips down. A couple kids look at us, but quickly resume their games.

"N-no," I say with a shaking voice. "What did you say to me?" I shook my head. "I don't want t-" "Are you backtalking me? I can't believe you! Go to your room! I thought I raised you better. I can't belive I've raised a disappointment..."

I climb out of the lake and hear Sammy calling after me, but I ignore him. Instead I run towards the bathrooms again. I head to the girl's bathroom and run inside. I go into one of the stalls and slam the door, locking it in the process.