Chapter 13

Kacey POV-

I could hear the waves breaking upon the sand and crashing into the cliffs, instantly I recognised where we are, a beach.

She remembered when she used to swim in the turquoise ocean. Floating in the void free of gravity. The ocean was always something she loved, something she respected. She understood its beauty and its dangers. She found true fascination by the way the waves softly crashed against the rocky beach, their curling fingers brushing each stone with a gentle caress as the wind ushered them gently towards the shore. The way the sun shone off the rippling water, its golden light warped in the twisted, glass waves. Drums of war pounding against the golden shoreline in the dead of night and the light of day. Light where no man can see, sound where no man can hear, life where no man can breathe. In the west it swallows all light, in the east it births anew. Never calmed, yet constantly still. Always moving, never the same. Constantly amending, remaining unchanged. No description can truly capture its mysterious majesty, yet only a few words can express its beauty.

The blindfold was slowly lifted from her eyes allowing her to take in the beauty before her.

(Candlelit dinner at beach)

On the beach was a table just big enough for the both, the light from the flames were reflections of everything she could see making the view utterly magnificent and magical.

"This is beautiful, you didn't have to do all of this" I told Alyssa.

"As your mate, I would do anything you asked and anything that makes you happy"

"It's amazing thank you"

"Let's go take a seat" she said while taking my hand in hers and pulling me towards the table.

She pulled out my seat for me and pushed me in once I had sat down.

"There are 2 dishes for tonight, I cooked them myself, the first one we are having is smoked salmon with garlic and the second is Onglet steak with salsa Verde and parmesan chips" she said

I was surprised when I heard some of my favourite ingredients, steak, salmon and parmesan.

"Why did you pick them dishes?" I asked.

"Because they include some of your favourite things, so I know you have to at least like a little bit of it"

"I'm sure it will be great"

She walked over to a little room and came out with 2 plates of food; this must be the salmon with garlic. She places it in front of me and it looked amazing.

 She places it in front of me and it looked amazing

(Smoked salmon with garlic)

"This looks wonderful" I tell her.

"Thanks"

I grabbed my for and god a moderately sized piece and places it into my mouth, it was so tender and fell apart in my mouth, when it did I ended up moaning a little and I saw her tense up a little when it happened.

"This tastes delicious, you are an amazing cook" I said.

"I used to cook in my spare time, I never really got many people to try though"

"You should cook for other people, not just me and you"

"I will do in the future"

By the end of the first dish I couldn't wait to see what the steak tasted like, I bet it's just as tender as the salmon.

She took our plates and came out with new ones with the dish on, yet again it looked amazing, probably better than the last one.

(Onglet steak with salsa verde and parmesan chips)

I grab a chunk and put it into my mouth, but not as gracefully as before. It tasted better that it looks, and it looks amazing so you can image what it tasted like.

By the time we were done I was stuffed, I didn't leave a single bit on any of the meals, it would've been wrong to leave something that good to waste.

We were lying on a blanket looking up at the stars in silence, it was peaceful.

"Can I ask you something?" She asked.

"Yeah"

"Can I kiss you, it's okay if I can't I just really want to"

Out of nowhere I gained confidence and said "you dont really need to ask"

She started to lean forward and eventually captured my lips with hers.

When she kissed me, my brain lit on fire and the warmth spread throughout my entire body. After that I was addicted, I couldn't bare not to be with her, and I could barely breathe when she was around. Those kisses were my salvation and my torment. I lived for them and I would die with the memory of them on my lips. I dedicated my life to being with her from the moment of that first kiss, for I knew that if I lost her, I would lose myself. She was the half that made me whole. This was my first kiss and I'm glad it was with her.