Manik: No I m fine! But when did u do that?
Manik asked in surprise!

Nandini: Before coming to Bangalore.
Nandini murmured the answer, making him smile as he knew how tired she was.

They reached the room as Manik walked her straight into the washroom.
Manik: Here... Do u want me to give u a minute while I get u something to wear?

Nandini: Yes please!
Nandini said to him with a smile as Manik walked out. A few minutes later he knocked on the door, handling her one of his T-shirts and a pair of shorts, an outfit that she loved.

Soon she was on the bed, waiting for Manik while he freshened up. A few minutes later, Manik joined her spreading his arm to a side, as she snuggled closer to him.

Nandini: Can I say something?

Manik: U know u can Nandini... You are the one person who can say absolutely anything to me no matter how bad it is.

Nandini: I m glad for that... But for now it is nothing bad, I just wanted to know how proud I am of you.

Manik: Proud?

Nandini: Yes... I m proud of you. Proud of the amazing person that u r. Of the great singer in you. Of u being one of the best businessmen in the country. Of the honest Man that u definitely r. Of the loving and caring son. And lastly of being the perfect husband and life partner for me.

Manik looked down at her, placing his lips onto hers as he kissed her pouring out all his gratitude and love in that kiss..
Manik: I love you.

Nandini: I know!
She replied with a smirk before leaning back down onto his chest as Manik chuckled shaking his head.

He kissed her head softly before whispering,
Manik: Good night baby...

Nandini: Good night Manik!
She whispered back before the two of them passed into a peaceful slumber.

The next morning, Nandini woke up by the alarm on her phone. It was the day when they were finally starting with the construction of the hotel and she was both excited and nervous about the day and so decided to make herself a coffee before freshening up for her day.

She moved out of her room, rubbing her eyes to shake off her sleep wanting to go back and be in the confines of her soft bed and forget about everything else. She was walking into the kitchen, yawning with her mouth loud open when she heard an amused voice,
"Someone seems quite tired!!"

Nandini screamed at the unexpected voice and turned around to find Harsh biting his lip to stop himself from laughing. Nandini sighed in relief, her hand still on her chest in fright as she closed her eyes for a second.
Nandini: God Dad, u scared the shit out of me!!

Manik: NANDINI...
Manik shouted from upstairs as he rushed out of his room still bare chest with his hair ruffled from the sleep, only to stop on the top of the stairs as he saw them standing there all fine.

Manik: What happened? Why did u scream? Dad, how come u r back so soon! I thought u weren't coming for another week.

Nandini: Relax I m fine!  I just got startled.
Nandini replied making Manik visibly ease as Harsh smiled at Nandini.

Harsh: I didn't mean to startle u! Sorry darling...

Nandini smiled at him shaking her head as she walked closer and hugged him,
Nandini: It's fine.. Welcome Back! We missed you.

Harsh caressed her head with Love as she heard Nyonika's voice,
Nyonika: Missed just him or me as well?

Nandini looked behind Harsh to find her sitting on the sofa and smiled as Manik rushed towards her lifting her up off the ground as he twirled her around,
Manik: How can we not miss u boss lady!

Nyonika: Manik... Put me down! Look who is here...
Nyonika shrieked holding onto his shoulder's tightly as he put her down and turned towards the other sofa only to have his smile disappear completely. As his eyes moved over to Nandini and then back at the sofa, where Nandini still couldn't see anyone.

Manik: Mrs. Kapoor! What a surprise!

Nandini frowned at the name as she saw Mrs. kapoor finally standing up. She walked ahead and stood right next to Manik as Mrs. Kapoor gave the two of them a strained smile, her eyes scanning their appearances.

No wonder the two of them looked hilarious with their messy bed hair, just woken up faces. Manik wearing just a pair of casual pyjama bottoms while Nandini stood their in shorts and a T-shirt of his which was so big that it hid the shorts completely.

Mrs. Kapoor: Good morning!

Nandini: I guess u r here for something more than just greetings so why don't we get to that directly?

She saw her mother's eyes sadden a bit at her tone, but she still cleared her throat as she spoke up,
Mrs. Kapoor: I just got to know that u starting with construction on the Bandra site. Thought I should wish u luck!

Nandini was taken aback by her words as she waited for a moment to take it in before nodding as she spoke up in a slow soft voice,
Nandini: Thank you! Anything else?

Mrs. Kapoor: No...

Nandini nodded at her again not taking her eyes off her mother as she tried to understand why was her mother suddenly being so sweet.

Nyonika: Nandini dear... Why don't the two of you go get freshened up and we all have breakfast together? I invited Mrs. Kapoor to stay too!
Nyonika spoke up softly making Nandini smile a little at her as she nodded and felt Manik grab her hand as they moved towards the steps.

Nandini: Umn Mom...
Nandini spoke up suddenly remembering something and turned to face Nyonika only to find Mrs. kapoor too looking at her expectantly.

Nandini: I gave the staff an off as u guys were not here... U guys sit and talk, I'll just freshen up very soon and then put something together for breakfast.

Nyonika: It's alright dear... U take ur time, I can start up with breakfast till then and u can join me when you're done.

Mrs. Kapoor: I can help u too!!
Mrs. Kapoor spoke up smiling at Nyonika who simply smiled back as the two of them moved to the kitchen, with Nandini standing there holding up a blank face.

Harsh looked at her once and then at Manik who turned towards her and caressed her face,
Manik: Nandini?

Nandini looked at the two of them before sighing softly,
Nandini: I don't want to talk about it Manik... I m not taking anything from her this time. I won't get my hopes high all over again only for her to smash them down.
-------------------------------------

Hello people!

What's up?

Here I m with another update for u all... Hope u guys like it! Don't forget to comment ur views on it.

I hope u are all Safe and Sound in this tough time and spending ur days within the confines of ur houses.

Stay inside... Stay safe!
Lot's of love,
Navya😘