"Really? There's not much written about unicorns, you know."

"I know, I had to really search for the books in the library."

Weeks passed, and as much as Alexandra wanted to, she knew she couldn't tell Snape about her past. He was an adult and he'd report it. He'd have to tell someone, tell her parents or Dumbledore. So she kept that quiet. Before she knew it, it was almost summer. It was the second last day of term and she knew she had to give Dumbledore an answer that day. She was torn. Mahoutokoro actually sounded kind of cool, and it was a good opportunity, and on a whole other continent so she wouldn't have to worry so much about Voldemort. Besides, it would take him a while to bounce back and Hogwarts would probably be safe for a while. But then with Ron being friends with Harry Potter, there was nothing to guarantee his safety. And she'd only known Hermione a year, but she was the best friend Alexandra ever had. She was just torn. She had nothing to run away from here, but aside from friendship, there was nothing keeping her at Hogwarts either.

Later that day, when she went to Dumbledore, she hadn't exactly made up her mind. She was hoping maybe she'd figure it all out on the lift up to Dumbledore's office. Once she got there, she was disheartened to realise she was no closer to finding an answer.
"Professor Snape?" She frowned, surprised to see him in Dumbledore's office.

"Come in, Miss Weasley." Dumbledore beckoned her closer. He and Snape were sitting on opposite sides of his desk. She took a seat beside Snape. "So, have you come to a decision?"

"I'll admit I'm still struggling to make a choice." She said.

"Perhaps, there's a way you didn't have to choose between the two schools." Snape said. Alexandra and Dumbledore both looked at him confused.

"How?"

"What if you took part in an exchange program of sorts? Spend a term there and see if it's something you'd like to continue."

"Oh, could I?" She looked at Dumbledore.

"It may take some time, but yes. I could make that happen." She beamed.

"That's what I want to do."

"I'll iron out the details." Dumbledore nodded kindly. "Dismissed."

"Thank you professor." She looked between them. "Both of you." She left the room and quickly went to find Hermione.

The next day, Alexandra had her trunks all packed and everything. The train would be leaving in an hour and she wanted to say goodbye to Snape. He was, unsurprisingly, stocking up the potions cupboard.
"You have a habit of lurking instead of coming in." He called.

"How did you know I was here? Your back is to me!" She walked in. He turned around and tapped his nose.

"Is this a last minute attempt to ditch your housemates?"

"They don't need much convincing anymore." She told him. "Do you stay here during the summer too?"

"No, I have a house."

"Let me guess. Some kind of gloomy castle in Transylvania?"

"I'm not a fictitious vampire."

"I know, but real vampires are nothing like Dracula. So, I figured the whole vampire mythology was based on you."

"You know, if you joked this freely with your peers, you might get along with them more."

"I have enough friends."

"You mean friend. Just the one." She crossed her arms.

"It might be two."

"I wish I'd known that before I got this." He got out a box.

"You got me a gift? I thought professors weren't allowed to show favouritism."

"Well, if Professor Dumbledore finishes the paperwork by September, you won't exactly be a Hogwarts student."

"Loophole." She reached for the box but he stopped her.

"Promise you will be responsible?"

"Always." She vowed. He let her take the box. Inside were two twin mirrors, too large for a pocket but small enough to fit in a bag. "Are these two-way mirrors?"

"I thought you could use them to stay in contact with your friend. Or your family."

"I take back what I said about you being the inspiration for vampires." She said. "Thank you thank you!" He looked a little embarrassed, and unsure how to react.

"It's nothing, they were just gathering dust. Someone should get a use out of it." She beamed. "Go, you don't want to miss the train, now do you?"

"Thank you for everything, Professor."