The end of my Game

Marvel is poised to throw, but just before he does, I can hear Katniss screaming my name.

"Rue! I'm coming Rue!"

Marvel must have heard this, and quickly runs away. But I have a feeling he is still there, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

Katniss bursts through into the clearing, and quickly spots me.

As soon as she does she runs over and quickly cuts me out of the net. 

"It's ok Rue, your ok."

I try to hold back tears of relief and hug her tightly. But over her shoulder, I see movement and hear a small sound. All I can do is stare, my body is frozen. In my head, I yell for Katniss to turn around, to duck. Because there is Marvel, aiming right for her. 

Katniss turns around, knowing that something is there and quickly pulls out an arrow. She shoots, but as she does he throws. It all happened so slowly. I hear a whooshing sound. And thud. 

The spear enters my stomach.

One moment, I am upright watching Katniss's arrow fly into Marvel's body. I look down, the blood already flowing. The next, I'm falling, falling, until I land in Katniss's arms. 

I know this is the end of my game. 

Now the pain is kicking in. Oh, it hurts so bad. I try not to burst into tears. Everyone is watching, my family, my district, everyone. Katniss unzips my jacket gently. A single tear escapes my eye. 

She's trying to reassure me. It's no use. I was a lost cause since the start. "Did you blow up the food?" I ask. I need to know, otherwise this all would have been for nothing. She nods and replies, "Every last bit of it."

Relief. Pain. Hope. It's all I feel now. "Good." I imagine my parents and siblings, watching in our small home. I have to be strong, for them. But it's so hard. 

"You have to win," I whisper to Katniss. She's trying to hold back tears now, I can see. But she can do it, she's capable of winning. 

"Can you sing?" I ask. She nods. I look up into the treetops. I see the blue sky, tall trees and mockingjays which reminds me of 11. I pick a spot somewhere above me and focus on it. Katniss's singing is truly wonderful, very soothing. She starts:

"Deep in the meadow, under the willow."

All of these images are flashing through my mind as she sings. Family, friends, my work back home, the Hunger Games, Katniss, everything. I'm numb, the pain is gone now.

"A bed of grass, a soft green pillow."

 In my head, I say my goodbyes. 

Goodbye to you, Mum and Dad, thank you for raising me, I love you so much. Goodbye to my friends, whom I have shared so many experiences with

Katniss's singing is getting quieter and quieter, and my vision is blurring more and more. 

"Lay down your head, and close your eyes..."

I listen to the music, like it is a guide, leading me away from all the danger and darkness of the world and I follow it. 

I've accepted my death. I am going to die. But I have one last goodbye.

Goodbye Katniss. 

Hello everyone! I don't know if anyone will even read this, I don't expect anyone to because it's been so long. I apologize immensely for the wait. But I knew I had to finish this, I didn't won't to leave it unfinished. Thank you to everyone who supported me, and gave me nice comments, I really appreciate it. Please let me know how this chapter was, and I have made up my mind, it is definitely the last (sorry to all the people who wanted me to do the rest of the games with Rue watching over, I just don't have the time and it's quite a miracle I even did this chapter). 

Once again thank you all so so so much, especially getting me over 2,000 reads! I never thought I would get that many. Thanks for sticking with me, if you have. Love you all,

da_happy_mockingjay! :)