Capitol

I get out of bed. I woke up to the sound of Dixie knocking on my door. She's yelling, "Wake up Rue! I overestimated our time to get to the Capitol, we will be arriving there in a few minutes!" she exclaims.

Oh shiz. I launch myself out of bed, and get changed, not wanted the Capitol people to see me in what they would call 'crinkled, daggy clothes'. I was still wearing what I was wearing last night, so I strip and find more 'suitable clothes'.

I don't notice the clothes I pick, because I'm in such a hurry, but it'll do. I look out of my window, and there it is. The place that I have only seen on our small tv. The place I never thought I'd go to. The Capitol and all its buildings were right in front of me. I quickly do my hair, and walk to the window to get a better view.

But suddenly what I'm seeing disappears, it appears like we are going through a tunnel. But not for long. Only a few seconds pass before I can see the people. How crazy they all are! Wearing bright colourful clothes, blinding my eyes. And they are all looking at me. Cheering, screaming, clapping and waving. Every single one of them. I decide to wave back. There are sponsors out there, I think, I'd better suck up to them. I need to survive.

I walk out of my room, and see Thresh. He doesn't look happy, scowling at the Capitol people. They don't care though. He looks to me, and suddenly he lightens up, like he is delighted to see me. I smile at him.

"Good morning Thresh," I say

'Morning," is all he replies. I see Ashleen and Dixie. They usher the both of us towards the door of the train. "Are you ready?" askes Ashleen. "There's a lot of people, all wanting to see you. They may want you to stop and talk, but just keep following Dixie, ok? She'll lead you to the right building, and that is where you will get ready for the Tribute Parade, eat, sleep and train for the Games. Any questions?"

Nope, no questions. Thresh and I remain silent. "Well come on now everyone, lets go" Dixie says, impatiently. She opens the door, and exits the train. It's hard for me to push past the people, because I'm so small. My eyes hurt, there are cameras flasing everywhere, trying to get a glimpse of this years tributes. Ashleen was right, people wanted to grab my arm, pull me away and talk to me. It was kinda freakish. Everyone left Thresh alone though, he looked like he was ready to kill every single one of them, right then and there.

We finally arrive at our destination, and we enter the building. It is so fancy, it was amazing. Dixie leads us to a thing called an elevator, and she presses number 11, the number of our district. we go almost to the top, and then it stops.

The doors open and we step inside.

"This is were you will be staying for the next 5 nights." Ashleen says, and then Dixie starts showing us every room, but I'm not really listening. A thought came into my mind.

I haven't seen the other tributes, I never watched the reaping of the other districts!

I tell Thresh and he agrees with me that we should watch them. We tell Ashleen and she thinks it's a good idea too. But Dixie is more reluctant. "We need to get ready for the Parade! We don't have time for that!"

"I'm sure there will be enough time, and besides, they need to see who they are up against."

Dixie takes this into account. "Very well then, but be quick, you both need to get prepped."

Ashleen shows us to a big lounge room, full with squishy couches that are extremely comfortable.

We sit down. We are facing a wall, I don't get it, where is the most likely enormous tv?

Ashleen presses a remote and some part of the wall turns into a screen. It's amazing.

I don't know how she does it, but she finds a replay of the Reaping.