Training day 2,3 and Private session

I don't know if anyone is still reading this, but I appreciate those who do. I try to write as much as I can, but school has started again and it's getting pretty busy! :(

Also, I'm finding this harder and harder to write and don't know if I should continue. Please please please comment and tell me if i should or not, because i need to make my mind up.

I also would like you to comment because I would love to see who is reading this. It mustn't just be my friends if i have over 100 reads, so please make yourself known to me!

Sorry if this chapter sucks. :P

When I wake up, my muscles are sore and I have a headache. I can't believe I have to do more training, I wish I could just go home. Dixie knocks on my door, as always, so I get up and go to breakfast. I have my usual, with a cup of orange juice, then wait for instructions.

"Ok guys, it's the same deal as yesterday ok? Same place, same tactic, try your best and have fun!" says Ashleen. I was expecting something more in depth, definitely not the brief talk she gave us. But i guess it doesn't matter.

Thresh and I leave our seats and go to the elevator. We arrive at the training centre, we are the first ones there. Great.

I go first to the camoflague station, trying to make my arm look like a tree. Thresh is at the swords, again. I finish my task. Not exactly what I pictured in my mind, but decent.

I walk past stations, trying to decide which one to go to. I walk past some slingshots. I try to fight the urge within me, grab one and shoot. There is no one here. And, who doesn't break the rules now and then?

I pick one up, feeling it in my hand. It's a special Capitol one, and feels much more unusual to my homemade on.

I take a deep breath, and aim at the target. At first, I'm 10m away. I release, not expecting to do well. It hits the bullseye perfectly.

"Well done Rue."

I jump and look behind me, it's the instructor for this station. "Lets see if you can go from further away."

I nod and do as he says. I go to 20m, and get a perfect hit. Same for 30m and 40m. I leave that station, pleased with myself.

The rest of the morning was basically the same, only at different stations. I practised daggers again, and did some rope climbing. It was the end of the day, and once again I was exhausted. These training sessions are really wearing me out.

The final, thank goodness, training day, was same old, same old. But my nerves were coming back. Today was the Private session with the Gamemakers, and they will score us from 1 to 12, 1 being worst, depending on our skills.

Everyone in Panem would be watching the announcement of the scores, especially sponsors, trying to help them decide who will win.

I get changed, and go to the dining hall. I'm early, so I finish my breakfast and go to the living room. I have decided to watch some of the previous games, to try and look at some skills I could use.

I don't get long though, as Ashleen, Dixie and Thresh walk in and get served breakfast.

"Listen to me, you too," Ashleen says. "This is wear the Training pays off. Do the best you can do, and show your strengths. It's important to get a high score, sponsors come in handy. Do you understand."

We nod simultaneously, as always. Sometimes, I forget that we are actually preparing for a fight to the death. Can't think about that now though, just the private session.

We go into the elevator, and end up in a small room with 24 chairs in it. Most of the tributes are arriving at the same time, and so we all sit down in order.

This time, just like the interviews, it'll be ladies first, from District 1 to twelve in order. Our name one by one are called through a speaker, and less and less people fill up the room.

It's been ten minutes since the boy from District 10 was called, when finally I hear:

"District 11 Rue Cronin."

"Bye Thresh, good luck," I say as I stand up.

"You too, I hear, just before a door closes behind me.

I'm in the same room we go to for training, except everything is set up differently. The Gamemakers are all sitting in a room above, having a clear view of everything. They see me walk in, and stop chatting.

"You may begin, Rue," says this years Head Gamemaker, Senecra Crane. I don't hesitate, and start straight away, determined to impress them.

First, I set up some dummies, and grab the daggers that I can now use pretty well. I take three, aim the first, and throw. Even though you would use throwing knives for stuff like this, I found that a dagger works pretty well for me too.

The dagger, fortunately, lands on the target, not far from the middle. Same goes for the next one, which is even closer. for the third, I decide to show off a bit, throwing it while doing a spin, just like I saw another tribute do.

Perfect bullseye, surprisingly. I move on to my next thing, my beloved slingshot. I get good results, hitting far away targets.

I don't think I have lots of time left, so for a final thing I do what I can do quickly and skillfully. The ropes course.

I climb to the top, swinging like I would do with the trees at home. I weave in and out through them, making my way to the end. I haven't seen a lot of people able to complete the course, which might come to my advantage.

Up, and down, in and out until I'm finally done. I'm still high up, so with a final leap of gusto, I leap through the air, forward flip, and land gracefully on my feet.

"Thank you Rue, you may leave," Senecra says. I feel pretty good, I think I did well.

Now I'll just have to wait for my score.