Day Two

I wake to the sound of- well, I don't really know what it is. It's like a buzz, and I freeze. Tracker Jackers?

I look up in the tree, searching for a hive, but thankfully I don't see one and the sound stops. Death by Tracker Jackers? No thank you.

If not them, what could it be?

The sound starts again, and I get the feeling that something, or someone is watching me. I feel slight movement on my back, and lean forward to see that it is actually a small camera in the tree trunk. Am I on TV right now?

Suddenly I feel self conscious, but I push the feeling away. It's The Hunger Games, of course I'll be on TV whether I like it or not.

I better get moving, I tell myself. Tributes will be after me in no time.

I pack up my things and descend the tree, careful not to slip and fall. Oh, all the shameful and horrible deaths I could have in this horrible place.

I wander aimlessly. I've lost my sense of direction, and I'm constantly resisting the urge to drink all my water in one go. I remember back to last night, just when I had gone to sleep I was woken up again by a cannon. Someone else had died.

Whoever invented the Hunger Games, I want to give them a good, rightfully deserved, kick up the-

I stop, and what do I see? Fire. Everywhere. And it's coming right for me.

Pushing my legs to move as fast as they can, I flee, trying my best to not trip over. The fire must be Gamemaker-made, and it looks big. Whatever it is though, could kill me and none of them would blink an eye.

I look behind me. Its gaining speed, probably pushing some tributes together, making them fight. That means people are near me.

Suddenly gaining one of the smartest ideas I've ever had, I hastily climb up a tree, not caring whether it could hold me or not. And just like at home, I swing.

Pushing my tiny and agile self off one tree, I go to the next, and next. Making a lot more progress, I feel relieved but don't stop.

I pass some water, and it kills me to go past but I have to. I can distantly still see the fire, but only just. Maybe they are giving up.

Slowing down, I take a break and have a sip of water. But that's when I hear voices.

I turn around in my tree, making sure I'm a bit covered up.

It's Katniss in the neighbouring tree. I can't believe it. She hasn't seen me yet, and I'm about to make a sound (stupid, I know but I think I can trust her) when I see the pair from 1, 2 and... I think it's Katniss's district partner, Peeta.

I think they are trying to kill her.

I watch as the blonde, Glimmer try's to shoot her with an arrow but greatly misses. Cato, the crazy looking boy from 2 try's but also misses.

I can tell he's losing it and is getting angrier by the second, while Katniss is as high as she can probably go, pressing herself up against the tree. She seems amused too, and I can't quite hear what they are saying.

But I don't need to. Cato is trying to climb the tree, but I giggle to myself, knowing what will happen next.

Clove from district 2 is yelling, "Get her Cato, come on!" but let's out a frustrated noise when snap, the branch he was holding onto gave way.

Katniss is safe, I don't think anyone can get her. And no one has seen me yet either. After deciding to leave, I'm about to go when I hear a faint buzzing sound again.

Not another camera...

But it's not. I take one more look at Katniss, and then I see it.

Tracker Jackers. For real this time. Right above Katniss.

I see the careers, they've decided to get ready for the night. Before I think, a let out a fairly loud: psst!

Katniss snaps her head in my direction, and spots me. I see her smile a warm smile. But I don't return it. Instead I put up one finger, motioning it upwards.

She looks at see the hive, horror flashing across her face. She's scared now, she obviously knows what they can do.

She looks back at me, and once again before I can think, I make a cutting motion with my hand, and point down to the Careers below her.

Drop it on them, drop it on them.

She nods, understanding and unties herself from the tree, making her way up to the hive. Pulling out a knife, she steadily positions herself so she can cut the branch, and starts sawing.

Back, forth, back, forth. This could go horribly wrong, I'm telling her to put her life in danger. But she does it anyway.

I can tell the insects are getting annoyed now, and watch as one stings her hand. Uh oh. She tries not to make a sound and continues, but gains another sting on her neck.

Almost there.

She can do this, I know she can.

Crack. The branch fall, the hive explodes and the tracker jackers start to swarm. Screaming, the Careers run in fear but Glimmer falls to the ground. She was not quick enough. The tracker jackers cover her from head to toe, stinging her everywhere. How painful that must be.

I see Katniss jump from her position in the tree to the ground, staggering a bit. The vemon must have got to her, and the hallucinations will probably start soon. I jump down from the tree, following a bit behind. 

She starts running, but then doubles back to Glitter's dead body and breaks her fingers to get the only bow in the arena. Of course she would, she could win the games with that thing. She starts running again, but stumbling more and looking in pain. She slows, looking like she could fall over, when suddenly Peeta runs up to her.

"What are you doing Katniss? Get out of here, go!" Then he runs away. 

Katniss looks confused, and stumbles a bit more when finally she fall over, unconscious. 

I run up to her, and gently slap her face (A/N unlike some people hey party pig? ;) ) but she doesn't respond. I try to drag her away, but my tiny body can't handle the weight, so it looks like we will be staying for the night. I can't just leave her, can I? Plus, I don't think the Careers will come back after what just happened.

I sigh, and look around me, realising that I am surrounded by bushes full of healing leaves. I know because we use them at home. These will help with Katniss's stings. 

I pick a few and but them on her neck and arm. That should do for the night. 

I have some food from my pack, then go to bed, with Glimmer's face shining in the sky. 

************************************************************************************************************

Hello Everyone!

I am soooooooooooo sorry for not updating, it's been so long and i have no excuse, but I hope you are still interested in reading because i'm so close to 1000 reads!!! Can you believe it?! It would be great if you guys could get me there, so vote and comment it up!

School is nearly over (woohoo) and two months holidays is on the way. This book is sadly going to finish soon, but I will start my Quarter Quell fanic when done!

I hope you liked this chapter, and do me a favour by checking out:

Abducted Love by ariel58058

Secret Twin by Jade_Of_Truth

anddd Life's too short to hate your best friend's killer by PartyPig_Hopey 

Enjoy, and thank you!