Chapter 104 - Broken Glass

Start from the beginning

"Why didn't you call Malia?" I counter quickly, my suspicion growing by the second.

Letting out an exasperated noise, Peter stammers "This... we're not... this is... we're not getting very far with this conversation."

I scrunch my mouth to the side and release a deep sigh before I finally admit "We can't reach him."

A mix of relief and concern flashes over his face as he also admits "Well, I can't reach her, or anyone– there's reports that several cell phone towers in the area are down." knew it felt like the end of the world

Raising my brows with that information, Lydia is quick to grumble beside me "Okay. That's definitely cause for concern..."

"It's more than that," he states quickly and I widen my eyes with the realization "Monroe and Gerard."

Peter nods, looking between us "They're cutting us off from the outside–"

"And from each other," I finish what he was implying and he makes a noise before he continues "Which likely means that they've already started amassing troops on their side."

Throwing him a smirk, I share a look with Lydia as I quirk a brow and declare "Then we'd better find ours."

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

We have been searching for Scott and Malia for hours and night has officially fallen when Peter, Lydia and I get to the animal clinic to regroup and also see if anyone has been here today.

We walk into the exam room and Peter focuses his sense of smell before he shakes his head and fills in "They haven't been here."

"Maybe we should go to the school" I quickly rush out and Peter softens his face, completely ignoring my suggestion "Addy– you never said why you were so adamant at finding your brother earlier."

I chew on the inside of my cheek before I walk forward and rest my hands on the metal table between us, leaning on it as I look up at him "Are you sure you want to know?"

"Do I need to know?" he answers back exasperatedly and I sigh as Lydia speaks up first "We had premonitions."

Peter looks between us, drawing his brows inwards with his question "Both of you had separate ones or both of you had the same one?"

Lydia looks over to me and Peter groans in frustration "Come on guys– we are on the same side and based on what's written on your faces, I need to know what you saw."

"We had separate premonitions that we think are more than likely related," I begin before Lydia huffs a moment later and fills in "Last night, I woke up saying two words... that may just be from a dream... or might be something else."

Peter waits for us to continue and when neither of us says anything he scoffs impatiently "What two words?"

Lydia looks at me and rolls her eyes back to him as she elaborates "Where's Jackson?"

Peter looks thoroughly appalled as he grumbles "That is disturbing on multiplelevels. What else?"

I hesitate for another moment, which only serves to make him more impatient as he snaps his eyes back to mine "Addy! Don't hold back on me– I've never held back on you."

Breathing out deeply, I reluctantly admit "I saw you... turned to stone."

A look of horror overcomes his face and I shift on my feet before I elaborate further "I was in a storage container. It was steel and here was a blue wall..." I trail off, my mind replaying the vision I had.