32 ➳Sage*

Third POV

Third POV
.
.
.
"Why is it so cold all of a sudden?"

Corbyn shrugged at Jonah as he slid an egg onto his plate, "Pan's probably in a mood."

The morning was chillier than usual, but nonetheless breakfast time seemed normal. Jonah stood at the stove, cracking eggs, while Corbyn tested his simple recipes. An assortment of berries sat at the center of the table along with bread and jams. Zach and Jack made their appearance and took their seats not too longer after. It wasn't until the last three chairs were left uncomfortably empty that something seemed out of sorts.

"So has anyone seen Cass and Pan?" Corbyn finally pointed out the elephant in the room as Daniel entered the tent.

Zach raised his eyebrow at the blue-eyed boy, surprised that he came in alone for once, "Last time I saw Cass, she was heading toward Daniel's tent."

"What were you doing up so late?" Daniel refuted. He squinted his eyes at the unpredictable teen but his expression remained unfazed as he continued to pick at his food.

"Don't change the subject," Zach rolled his eyes, "It's a simple 'yes' or 'no' question: did Cass go see you last night or not?"

"Yeah, she did," Daniel answered coolly, "And she left right after she let me explain myself."

Obviously not satisfied with his answer, Zach pressed further, "About how you tricked her into falling in love with you?"

Daniel curled his hands into a fist, trying not to let his anger get the best of him. The corners of Zach's mouth pulled into a subtle smirk. Jonah shook his head dismissively at him as he placed another egg on his plate.

"Hey, it's true, is it not?" Zach defended. "It was Pan's genius plan and Daniel knew it was cruel, yet he still went along with it."

"I admit, it was wrong, but it doesn't matter anymore," Daniel breathed out audibly, "The damage is done, I apologized. End of story."

"Well, last time I saw her, she left Daniel's and was heading towards the forest," Jack added quietly as he crouched in his seat and sipped on his water.

"Y'all really need to fix your sleep schedules," Corbyn mumbled under his breath while mentally preparing for the storm about to come.

Zach's eyes widened in disbelief and amusement, "Wow, Daniel, you hurt her so badly that she ran to him of all people."

That was it, he couldn't take it anymore. If he stayed at the table any longer, Daniel knew his hands would somehow find their way around Zach's neck. The remaining boys slightly jump at the sound of the chair violently crashing into the table. Zach refused to meet anyone's wandering eyes; he knew he took it a bit far, but he wouldn't take back a single word.