2 ➳Pilot II

Part Two

Part Two
.
.
.
Cassia dug her head deeper into the pillow while tightening her grip on the quilt, letting it engulf her in its warmth. However, she soon realized that she never got under the covers last night.

Blinking rapidly, she sat up as her eyes adjusting to the daylight piercing through the sheer curtains. When she removed the sheets from her body, she noticed that she was no longer in the clothes she arrived in. Instead, she was in a nightgown similar to what she wore back in Adella. Cassia didn't want to think about her change of attire too much, magic was the explanation she stuck with. Neverland magic took care of her last night, nobody else.

She stepped out of the bed and felt a chill rush over her shoulders. Reaching over for her cloak, which was neatly hung over the dresser, Cassia wrapped it around her body and headed outside. But she nearly jumped when she found Theo waiting for her on the balcony.

"Morning," he greeted, not noticing her surprise, "How was your first night on Neverland?"

Cassia struggled to find her words, "It was... everything, but yet at the same time, nothing I expected."

Theo let out a laugh as they descended the stairs and trekked down the path back to the campsite. She wanted to know more about Neverland, the other boys, Pan, but she kept her mouth shut. It was only her first day, she had plenty of time to figure them out. Until then, there was Theo. Pan was first in command, so Theo had to be second since he practically put him in charge of her.

Now that it was day, she could see how see how similar he was to Pan. They both had the same build and sandy-brown hair, but it was something about his eyes that had her so entranced. Cassia could catch the sunlight dance in their pools of dark brown. She quickly turned away to keep herself from staring for too long.

"So how did you find out about this place?" Theo asked, breaking the silence.

Cassia smiled to herself, "Reading."

"Reading?" he tilted his head at her, "And what did they exactly write?"

"There are... differing takes on Neverland," she slowly started, "There are stories that call it a prison for children, who are doomed to suffering for the rest of their lives."

Theo stopped at the entrance of the campsite. "And do you believe that?"

"Do you?" she asked as she walked past him.

Cassia pulled her cloak closer to her body then noticed Zach heading to the large, open tent. He saw Theo trailing close behind her and gave them a small eye roll before entering the tent. She followed after him and was instantly hit with the smell of toasted bread and honey. Her stomach rumbled in response; the last meal she ate was a small brunch the afternoon before.

Cyrus was setting plates on a long, wooden table in the center of the tent. A platter of bread sat in the middle accompanying a jar of honey and a bowl of wild berries. She could feel her mouth starting to water and became eager to sit down. Theo took his seat next to the head of the table, where she automatically assumed Pan sat. Cassia sat next to him, earning a subtle glare from Zach as he pulled out the chair across from her. If she had blinked, she would've missed it. She picked at her plate, ignoring his snubbing.