20 ➳Brandon*

Trigger Warning: attempts of suicide

.
.
.
When I opened my eyes again, I was surrounded by the normal forests of Neverland. My skin was sticky from humidity and the aroma of sea salt filled my nose. I glance back at Pan, who had turned oddly pale.

"What's going on?" I asked him gently.

He didn't respond, his eyes focused on the path ahead of us. I notice the jagged black rocks and the lack of greenery in the ground. This place seemed so familiar, but I just couldn't register it.

Abruptly, a boy I didn't recognize shoved through the brush. He was repeating inaudible words as he rushed up the path. Similarly to my first experience, we didn't have to run after him; we simplify moved along with him. He finally stopped in his tracks and I knew exactly where we were now.

Dead Man's Peak.

I peered closer at the boy in front of us. His matted dark hair nearly hid his glassed over grey eyes. His hands shook by his side as he breathed heavily. He looked over the cliff before taking another step closer to the edge. I watched a small piece of the cliff crumble and fall into the watery abyss below us.

Dead Man's Peak, the boy, it all started to fit together. I couldn't believe what I was about to witness, "That's..."

"Brandon!"

Another Pan stood by the forest's opening, his chest rapidly rising and falling. I looked back and forth between him and the Pan by my side; his face remained emotionless but his eyes became overly bright.

"Brandon," he said once more with caution in his voice, "Please, think about what you're doing."

Brandon violently shook his head, "Stay away! You did this to me!"

He grabbed fistfuls of his hair as he screamed out in pain and his knees buckled beneath him. Pan reached out for him, "Listen to me, I can make it go away, I can help you-"

"No!" he yelled as he got back up again and stabbed his finger towards him, "You're the monster!"

Pan tried to reason with him again, but his voice begun to fade away. All the sounds, Brandon's cries, the rushing water beneath us, it all faded away. It all happened so quickly, there was no way from stopping it.

Brandon tightly shut his eyes as tears ran down his cheeks and shouted at him again. He took a step back from Pan, but he started to lose his balance. The ground under his feet slowly degraded. Pan lunged at him, but it was too late.

Before I could endure the tragic fall, Peter turned me away and pulled me into his chest. His arms were tight around my body and his heart beat rapidly. I heard a small whimper as I felt the warm water against my body once again.

I gasped for air as my eyes adjust to my surroundings. I was back in the pool, but Pan was no longer in front of me. I frantically turned toward the shore; Pan was completely dry and dressed as if he never got in the water. His arms were crossed against his chest, and he still had an emotionless expression on his face.