Chapter 3

"Italics"= Izuku's thoughts
"Bold"= Speaking
IZUKU'S POV
"My birthday is coming up soon... I wonder what they'll do to me this time." I think as I'm walking back home from school. My birthdays haven't been fun and loving since I turned 4. I can remember that day like it was yesterday. I was only 4, yet that day was the first time I got hit by father. I remember how mom helped me up even if she looked like she was forcing herself to. It was horrible. By the time they finished arguing about what they were going to do with me the house was a mess. They destroyed everything that had to do with my birthday and i was sent to my room to cry.
NO ONE'S POV
As Izuku was walking home with his head in the clouds, he failed to notice that he had already walked all the way home. By the time he noticed, his keys were already in the door knob to the front door.
IZUKU'S POV
Sighing, I unlocked the door and walked into the hell hole that I sadly have to call home. I tip toed across the living room, trying to make sure I didn't let them hear that I was home. My plan failed as I noticed mom was already sitting on the couch, as if she was waiting for me to get home. I froze in place, fearing that she'd let dad know that I'm home. It felt like forever until her lips stretched into a wicked grin.
" HISASHI, YOUR SON IS HOME!" She screamed into their room. I could hear the blood pumping in my ears as I tried to run past her and into my room before father came out of his room. I dashed through the living room and turned the corner into the hallway and up the stairs. I ran straight into my father. I was knocked onto my butt. Looking up, all I saw was the man that haunts my dreams, the man that does nothing more than watch me suffer from what he does to me. Before I could even think of getting up and running to my room he grabs my neck. "I cant breathe, I can't breathe, I CANT FUCKING BREATHE." Is all that's running through my mind. He's chocking me so hard I'm starting to think he's trying to kill me.
"Get up, boy" is all that he says to me after he drops me on the floor. I already know that my necks starting to bruise.
I rush to get up on my feet as he glares down at my pathetic form.
"What are you doing trying to run away from me? You already know that's going to cost you, right?" Hisashi says to me. I nod my head, already knowing that I shouldn't have ran in the first place because now I have an extra punishment.
He smacks me so hard I hit the wall next to me. " Answer me, boy!" He yells in my face. "Yes sir" I say, slurring it at the end from how fast I said it.
He drags me by my hair all the way down the stairs and back into the living room, where mother was still sitting on the couch. I squirmed a bit because of how hard he was pulling at my hair. "Stop moving, you already know what's going to happen." He says as he grips my hair even harder.
My scalp is on fire at this point, it feels like my head is going to explode. He throws me on the ground, in front of the tv and starts kicking me in the stomach so hard I feel like I'm going to throw up the lunch that I never ate. At this point I'm trying to muffle the screams that are leaking from my mouth.
I cant muffle the scream that comes out if my mouth as he stomps on my wrist. It makes a sickening crunch as he puts all of his weight on it.
I look to my side as my eye catches the sight of my mother. As I look her in the eyes I can see a flicker of some type of emotion behind the obvious amusement in her eyes. I turn to face away from her. "I'm in enough physical pain, I'm not going to even bother trying to figure out what she's thinking. She's probably having the time of her life seeing her husband beat the shit out of her son." Is all that I'm thinking.
It felt as if he was beating me all night, but it was actually only for maybe an hour or two.
I'm left in a puddle of my own blood with new bruises across my whole body and a probably broken wrist as both of them walk away as if they didn't just beat their child bloody and broken. I steady myself on my wobbly and shaking arms as I push myself up. It feels as if a fire was ignited in my wrist. I cry out as I clutched onto my now limp hand.
I wobble to my room as fast as I can in this state. I feel like I'm going to pass out at any point as I'm walking up the stairs. I walk into my All Might decorated room and wobble into my bathroom. I hop into the shower and clean my battered body as delicately as I can. I look down and see how the water is tinted pink.
As soon as I get out of the shower I'm confronted with my reflection in the mirror. I flinch as I look at the skinny, bruised boy in the mirror. His eyes are dull and he looks like he hasn't lived a day in his sad life. It takes a moment to realize that who I'm seeing is me. I'm the sad, bruised, fragile boy I see in the mirror.
It takes no more than a couple of seconds for me to break down. As soon as I collapse onto my bathroom floor I'm sobbing with tears running down my face. I clamp my hand over my mouth so I don't alert my father with the sound I'm bound to make.
It feels like an eternity until i finally stop crying and walk back into my room and lay down in my bed. I just lay there. I don't try to fall asleep either. I'm just laying on my bed, staring at the plain ceiling of my room.
"I can't do this anymore, I can't and I won't." I whisper to myself as I pull out a box from underneath my bed.
TW WARNING
I hold the tarnished wooden box in pale hands. I open it to look at my collection of blades. I pull out my favorite blade, it still has a bit of dried blood on the edge from last time.
I pull down my shorts so that my scarred thighs are exposed and I press the blade to my skin. I wince a bit but start smiling as I finish up the cut. I move onto the next cut, and the next. Next thing I know is that my thighs are filled with open cuts and blood. I look down at my thighs, smiling at my work and smear the blood around a bit.
TW WARNING OVER
I clean myself up again and lay down on my back. I'm back in the situation I was in about an hour ago, but this time my thighs are slashed open while I look at my plain ceiling. I flip over and look at my phone, it's already 2 in the morning, which is earlier than I usually go to sleep. My eyes flutter closed as I finally fall asleep.

Word count-1307
I'm not going back to school because of COVID-19. How many days do you have off?