Chapter 2

When Izuku turned 4  him and his family found out that he wouldn't be like everyone else he knew. When Izuku turned 4 he found out that he would be discriminated against for the rest of his life. When Izuku turned 4 he found out that his parents aren't the kind people that everyone thought they were ( including him). When Izuku turned 4 he found out that he wasn't going to get a quirk like all of his friends.
         As soon as Izuku got back from his doctors appointment that ultimately lead to the fact that he will be considered less than everyone else, his parents changed. His dad no longer smiled a fond smile at him. He no longer had a glint of love in eyes whenever he looked at his only son. Izuku could tell that his mother was different, she was trying to not let her husband's difference in feelings towards their son change how she looked at her son. She was trying her hardest, but she eventually gave up.
        Inko Midoriya gave up on her son just like everyone else did. She gave up on loving her son who never stopped loving her because he didn't have a quirk. She gave up on her 4 year old son, who was only full of pure love and compassion for his parents at the time. Izuku knew this yet he still loved his mom. Izuku loved her more than anyone has ever loved him. Izuku loved her because even when everyone gave up on him the moment they knew he was quirkless, she didn't give up on him. Even though she eventually did, just like everyone else in his life, she still tried to love him when no one else did.
      Of course that doesn't even matter any more because of who she is right now. Right now she lets her sad excuse of husband try to beat a quirk out of their son. She never tries to stop Hisashi when he does. Izuku has never once seen his mother try to stop his father from doing these things, and he hates it. He hates how the person he loved most, the person who was supposed to love him for the rest of his life, gave up on him. He hates it almost as much as he hates himself. And he hates himself a whole lot more than a measly little middle schooler should.
        The abuse has been going on for too long, it's been going on for years. Almost 10 years has his father been beating him, trying to force a quirk out of him. Almost 10 years of his once beloved mother sitting back and watching her son getting beat as thought it was a heart-warming movie on the big screen. Izuku doesn't know long it has been since he started drowning his feelings out. He doesn't really want to know, because if he thinks about when it started he will have to think about what caused it. Bringing up old memories would only bring up old feelings, which is something he wishes to never feel again. He wishes that he'll never have to feel the agonizing pain of realizing nobody loves him. To make sure he never feels it again, he doesn't feel anything.
         Izuku thinks it's better this way, it's better to feel nothing rather than to feel everything. He's not stupid, he can see how Bakugou doesn't bother him as much anymore. He can see how Bakugou gives him concerned looks whenever he flinches at the non-threatening movements of his classmates. Izuku has to cut Bakugou some slack, he's not as dumb as everyone thinks he is. But that's the problem, Izuku doesn't want Bakugou's pity filled looks after all these years. He doesn't need them, nor does he want them.
        Throughout these years of Izuku no longer reaching out for help, no longer telling people of the monstrosities that go on in that household, of not wearing clothes that show his arms that are full of bruises, everyone seems to have magically forgotten about the abuse. "It's almost as nobody wanted to know it the first place" Izuku thinks. Then it's almost as if a light bulb goes off in his head, "of course nobody remembers, why would they bother to remember something as trivial about someone as trivial as me? Even if they did remember, I don't deserve the pity that they're bound to give me." Izuku no longer thinks that anyone would help him out the kindness in their heart, for there is no such thing. If anyone ever helps him, they would just want something in return. Something that even a useless, pushover, Deku like him wouldn't want to give them.
           Hisashi has been beating Izuku everyday now. It's gotten worse than he would like to admit. Izuku always knew Hisashi was a little crazy, but apparently he wants to beat a quirk out of Izuku before the U.A. exams. Izuku has been showing up to school with more bruises than ever, sometimes it's not only bruises. At this point Hisashi is desperate to get a quirk out of Izuku that he's tried nearly gutting him like a fish. It doesn't help that Hisashi's quirk is that he can breath fire, so at this point Izuku body looks like it has been through hell and back. Thank goodness body looks at his body but himself, they'd be horrified at what they'd see.
        Izuku knows this isn't how normal families are, he's seen how happy they are on tv. He sees how none of the children are covered in bruises and scars, how none of the children are hit by their fathers, how the mothers give the children loving hugs. O how Izuku longs to be hugged. He can't remember what being hugged feels like, the only physical touch he gets leaves him with bruises and blood.
      As much as Izuku hates to admit it, he wants a quirk. He wants nothing more than to be normal, for his parents to love him again. Izuku can't remember the last time he's smiled. It's been so long he doesn't even think he knows how to. Every day is getting harder to live. He's known for a while that it doesn't matter to anyone if he lives or dies anymore, or at least that's what he thinks.
       Katsuki never once thought Izuku was lying when he told him about what his father did to him on the daily. Of course he's thought that Izuku was over reacting a few times, but that's until he saw how beat and battered Izuku's body was. It's doesn't matter what Izuku was wearing, you could see bruises peeking out from every where. It was heartbreaking. He knows Izuku needs help, he just doesn't know how to give it to him.
         Bakugou knows that Izuku's 14th birthday is coming up soon. He also knows that the U.A. exams are coming up as well. He knows he's going to pass and become a hero, so he can help people like Izuku. On the other hand, Izuku isn't happy about the exams. The closer the exams, the harder he'll get beat. He wouldn't be surprised if Hisashi manages to kill him the day before because he was so desperate for Izuku to get a quirk.