Rent is due

Hi everyone. I'm Jake, I am a 5'11" guy 260 lbs, and for the past few months life has not been good. Work has been cutting my departments hours and I haven't been able to pull my fair share. This story will tell you how my life changed for the better, and worse. But I no longer have money problems.

"Hey Jake" Tara said a bit angry. "You know rent is due tomorrow, right?" Now Tara was a beautiful red head girl with the temper to boot. 4'10" tall freckled girl that always seemed to be in a bad mood. "Yeah, I know it is. I have to go to the pawn shop again, work shafted me on hours again and I haven't gotten a call back from the other jobs"

Tara "don't go, I'll spot you this time. You've already cleaned out your room and half the garage"

Me "I can't let you do that T. I'll just have to do this one last time, and I'm sure I'll get a call back this week"

Tara "man I'll tell you what. I'll cover you. And I got an idea."

Me "ok T what's your idea?"

Tara " you remember my sister? Beth. Well she told me of a company online that pays good money for product testers, she thought it was a scam but she's made like 20k this year all from an app on her phone."

Me "20k?" I say with a dumb look on my face in complete disbelief. "Well if I can make 20k from that app get the info from her and I'll give it a try. And T, thank you.  I really appreciate it." She said "no problem" as she began to text her sister about the app for the testing.