"Relentless"

Nothing can dim the light that shines from within ~ Maya Angelou

Chapter 3: Relentless
August 24
Monday

Jaiyanna's Pov:

After dropping the baby's off, dealing with them damn office clerks 'who was trying to give me a hard time about getting them to school on time ', and the terrible fucking traffic I was so happy to be home. I walked inside, going straight to the living room feeling accomplished for the day already. I plopped down on the couch, kicking my feet up and laying out about to catch a few Zzz's before class.

Ring Ring Ring

That was until my phone started to ring.

Ring Ring Ring

"Damn I can't never get no rest around this muthafucka", I sighed— looking at my phone with the fattest attitude ever. I grabbed it, sliding the green button over and placing my phone to my ear. Not even bothering to looking at the caller ID.

Call Connecting

"Hello!"

"Where the hell are you best friend? I just know yo ass is not already starting with that being tardy everyday." Sahara loud ass voice boomed through the phone making me;  pull it away before bringing it back to my ear."We are barley a month into our school year. Like fuck bitchhh!"

OverView on Sahara Michelle Ray
Age 18
RayRay

Sahara is my best friend—we've been tight since the womb. Our moms were best friends so of course there'd be no other way. But, we consider ourselves sisters. I can't recall a time when we weren't together. Except when I'm handling business but other than that she one of us. It's war behind her— know that.

OverView Over

OverView Over

Yea, my best friend be on my ass like she my momma. Especially when it comes to me always being late. But, it's not intentional it's just hard being early.

"Girrrl chillll, I talked to my counselor this past friday about giving me my first period off. An he agreed being that I have other responsibilities around the house like these kids, my granny.", I continued getting quieter. "My late night job."

"Oooo, late night job?", she repeated me in a low whisper giggling. This bitch is the only muthafucka I know who can lose a attitude quicker than she found it.

"Can we not have this conversation over the phone because we can definitely talk about this when I see you, Kay. ", I rushed, trying to hang up so I could take a quick nap. I hated that I had to sneak around about my job but, if my peoples found out where I was going at night they would kill me. I mean to me money will always be money no matter what you doing but, to everybody else they may not think of it like that.