Chapter 8 - Decisions

Start from the beginning

"Look at me!!" He growled once more.

I shook my head in response, but this time he didn't plead with me, he didn't even give me another moment's chance. He simply grabbed my chin and yanked on it until my
face was in front of his. His eyes scanned my face as his hand let go of my chin and slid further down until it wrapped around my throat, pushing me against the wall.

He leaned in closer to me, his lips inches from brushing against mine.

"Last chance, who are you?"

Now, my brother smokes and my father smokes the occasional cigar. I never truly understood the addiction. I never truly comprehended it. But tonight, at this very moment, was one time I knew what it felt like to desperately want to place your lips upon something that is bad for your health.

I gathered every last bit of courage within me, gathered the true essence of who I truly am - the Don's fucking daughter. I glared into his eyes, penetrating him dreadfully.

"Fuck. You." I spoke each word on its own with every bit of emphasis, refusing to allow my fear to show.

I observed him as his eyes widened, my reaction to his inner demon not what he was expecting. I'm sure he is used to having every other person cowering down, bowing before him.

His eyes flashed differently this time, a form of something else appearing deep within them. A more of a need than a want. Leaning in further, his lips brushed my earlobe as he spoke.

"You are playing your little fucking games with the wrong person, Amore (love). I've entertained them until now. I've entertained them long enough. You're not going to like what you see." He seethed into my ear.

He then did something I never expected, a different approach to this situation. A different approach to me. His lips connected with the side of my neck for a few seconds before his teeth gripped the flesh and bit down onto it. I gasped in surprise, mixed with pleasurable pain. My mind was in a conflicted altercation as it needed to decide on whether to allow this and enjoy it like my body already was. Or end this right now, standing my ground against him.

It didn't take me long to choose as I took my hands and placed them open-palmed on his chest. I shoved him as hard as I could, causing him to stumble slightly. I then pulled back and punched him on the side of his jaw. He stumbled further back, leaving himself open while I shoved him once more. His face was filled with utter incredulity.

I watched him take a step back to gain his composure again, while I took a triumphant step forward. I went to shove him again but his anticipation halted my plans. Before my hands could land on him, he had my wrists gripped tightly within his hands. He pulled me into him before placing his one hand on my hip and using that as a support to turn me. He drew my back into him, holding both my wrists against my chest with one hand.

"I don't fucking hit women. I refuse to. But fucking hell, I have never met a woman like you! You are fearless, challenging me with that provocative attitude!" His voice was raspy as he spoke into my ear.

His grip tightened around me, pulling me further in, as his lips grazed my ear.

"You know, not even the most elite and dangerous men challenge me around this part of the world. They wouldn't dare. But here you are, fucking testing the fire while adding fuel to it! I should fucking kill you. I should want to fucking kill you, but instead, I find myself wanting you!"

My eyes widened at his tantalizing confession. My breathing hitched and I was ready to abandon it all. Abandon every piece of common-sense my body was throwing at me. I wanted to surrender and tell him to fucking take me. I nearly faltered. I was about to give up and give in just as the door swung open and his cousin stood at the entrance of the room. His eyes scanned the scene before him, glancing over the broken phone to the indented wall then falling onto us. He observed his cousin's hand followed by where he had his hands placed and then finally settling onto his face.