Dad hesitated but gave a defeated sigh, "There's really no stopping you, huh?"

"I still don't think this is a good idea," Connor admitted.

Dad jabbed a finger at Connor, "You better keep her safe. If even a hair is out of place, I'll turn you into a pile of scrap metal and throw you in the incinerator myself."

"Of course, Lieutenant, I won't let anything happen to her," he promised.

Dad pulled me into a quick hug. I could feel him press a kiss to the top of my head, "Please come back in one piece."

There was a good chance I would never see him again. I gave my father a light squeeze before I pulled away. He gently pushed our shoulders in the direction of the evidence lockup, "Get a move on, I can't distract him forever.

Connor and I watched him storm over to Perkins and punch him in the face, "Perkins! You fucking cocksucker!"

The sudden commotion drew the attention of Fowler as well as a few other cops, giving Connor and I the chance to sneak away. But right as Connor reached to open the door, a voice stopped us in our tracks, "Hey, Connor, (y/n)! I'm talking to you, assholes!"

It was Gavin, "Where you going with that piece of shit? We don't need any plastic pricks around here! Or didn't anybody tell you?"

"I'm registering the evidence in my possession and (y/n) is accompanying me to make sure I do as intended," Connor replied calmly, "But don't worry I'm going to leave... Though I'm certainly going to miss our bromance."

"Son of a bitch," Gavin pulled out a gun and aimed it at Connor's head. It was moments like these that made me wonder why Fowler kept someone as trigger-happy as Gavin. None of us moved for a moment but then Gavin imitated the sound of a gunshot and chuckled before lowering the gun. Connor gave a fake smile and I forced an awkward laugh.

"Go on then. Get a fucking move on. Prick..." Gavin turned away and started to walk out, "Fucking androids."

We waited for him to leave before continuing into the evidence lock. I pressed my key to the security lock and the glass door slid open. Connor pressed a hand to the terminal but stopped when he was promoted for a password. He looked at me expectantly.

I shook my head, "I don't have high enough seniority to access files, I can only add to them. But Dad was head of the investigation so his password should work."

"Hank's password... What would a hard-boiled eccentric police lieutenant choose?"

It was like a light bulb flicked to life above our heads. Connor and I looked at each other in a "it can't really be that easy" kind of way. Connor typed in "FUCKINGPASSWORD." It worked.

Connor and I smirked at each other, "Obviously."

The wall in front of us retracted and pushed out cubbies of all of the evidence we had collected about deviants, including the ones that had been destroyed. Looking at the dead androids hung up on the wall made my stomach churn.

Connor and split up and I looked on opposite ends of the wall. I walked over to inspect the android we'd found at the TV station. If he had worked with Markus, he probably knows where we can find Jericho. Closer inspection revealed that he could probably be reactivated but he was missing a vital Biocomponant.

"Connor, this android is missing Biocomponant #3983v. That android over there is the same model, he might have the right piece."

Connor nodded before pulling said piece out of the other android. The action made me flinch but I knew this is what needed to be done. Connor must have noticed my discomfort because he took my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze before putting the Biocomponant where it needed to go.