Chapter 20

Markus

I went back to the hospital and asked if Dr. Martha was there.

"Sorry Alpha," the receptionist began, "Dr. Martha called in Dr. Roberts and went home for the rest of the day. She left about five minutes ago."

I thanked her and went outside walking down the street towards the house owned by Dr. Martha. She lived close to the hospital, not wanting to be too far away in case she was needed at a moment's notice.

I soon arrived, quickly knocking on her door. I had to ask the question that had been bothering me since I left Cheyenne in her room.

The door swung open, letting me see a very tired looking Dr. Martha in Eeyore pajamas. "Alpha?" She questioned in a confused tone, "What are you doing here? Did you find Cheyenne?"

"Yeah I did, but it's a long story, do you mind if I come in?"

"Not at all, make yourself comfortable, I'll go put on some water for tea."

~~

Cheyenne

I could tell I was asleep, it felt like I was back in a coma. Nothing but blackness and a voice echoing around me, like I was in a small, empty room with a blindfold on and someone speaking to me.

'You still haven't given me a name for you to call me by yet.'

That's because you still haven't told me what you are.

'You wouldn't believe me if I did tell you.'

You don't know that.

'But I do, I've been inside your head for months now, I probably know you better than you know yourself.'

Yes, because that makes me trust you even more. 'I've just been looking through your memories, whenever you're ready to trust me I'll tell you what I am.' Good luck with that one.

'You're the one putting words in my mouth. I haven't looked through your memories, I've just heard the way you think, and I've seen the way your thoughts move around in your head when you get overwhelmed.'

Just stop okay, I don't want you inside of me so just leave!

'I can't, I'm bound to your soul and to remove me, well your soul would probably be lost in the process.'

So it is possible!

'That's not what I'm saying, it's never been done before and I doubt the outcome would be anything you'd want to happen.'

You're saying that it's never been done before, taking apart a human's soul and whatever you are?

'That's exactly what I'm saying.'

Then would that mean that I'm the first person binding those two things together has been successful on?

'In a way, yes. It's hard to explain without telling you what I am, and you wouldn't believe anything about it until you have proof, which I can't give you yet. I haven't gotten enough strength to shift your body yet since we were bound together.'

What do you mean 'shift my body'?