Chapter 4

Ellie's P.O.V

I woke up to the feeling of my phone buzzing in my pocket. Whimpering at the disturbance I pulled it out and checked the time. Mason and I were still on the roof, wrapped around each other and practically in a blanket burrito. But my phone was telling me it was time to get ready for school.

Mason suddenly snatched my phone from my hand and pulled me impossibly closer into his chest. I giggled at his childish antics and sunk more into his body.

"Skip school today." He grumbled, burying his nose into my neck.

"Mason, we've been though this. I need to get to school. You probably do too."

"I don't care, I just want to cuddle with you more."

"We've been cuddling all night."

"It's not enough cuddles."

I snickered at his pouting. We stayed like that for a few more minutes before I forcefully pushed him away and stood up. He didn't look happy that I moved but stood up anyway, grabbing the blanket. I got my phone back from him and put it into my pocket.

His hand slipped into my own and laced our fingers together, "I should at least walk you home then."

My eyes widened, he couldn't walk me to my apartment. There would be a chance that Leah would see us and I have no idea what kind of trouble I would be in if she caught us together. Maybe we can just ride in the elevator, he had to go back to his own home anyway.

Both of us went down the ladder to the top floor and headed down the hallway towards the elevator. When I pressed the call button and waited for the doors to open Mason's hand brushed my hair over my shoulder from behind me.

I turned my head to look at him, "What?"

His bottom lip stuck out cutely and he wrapped his arms around me, his chin resting on my shoulder, "I don't want to let you go."

"You have too at some point." I say, rubbing his arms in front of me.

"Hmph, stupid school."

The elevator dinged and the doors slid open so the both of us stepped inside. My apartment was on one of the lower floors so it would take a minute to get to my floor. I rocked back and forth on my feet while I waited when suddenly Mason pushed me up against the wall, smirking down at me.

"W-what are you doing?" I ask, my nervousness surfacing as I brought my hands up to his chest.

"Well...we have a couple of minutes left together..."

Before I could ask what he meant his lips came down on mine. I let out a squeak in surprise but followed his lead anyway. Multiple times I tried to pull away in fear of someone catching us but his mouth and hands beckoned me back into his feverish kisses. I melted into his kisses but our moment was stopped when the elevator opened to my floor and we fully separated.

"This is my floor." I say and step around him to leave.

He grabbed my hand and stood in the doorway of the elevator as I stepped out, "Let me walk you to your apartment."

"No, I'm good. You need to go get ready for school anyway."

"But-"

I put my finger up to his lips to shush him, "Go and be on time for school. I'll see you later."

"Wait."

Before I turned to leave he pulled me back into him, cupping my cheek with his hand. Our lips met once again in one last kiss before he pulled back with a smile.