Chapter 3

Ellie's P.O.V

The next evening again after I got back from the coffee shop and Leah left the apartment, I went to my window. It's only been a few days since I've met Mason but this seemed like a normal part of my routine now, checking the window to see if he was there.

His window was open but he wasn't looking out of it. Instead he was sitting at his desk writing something down while he listened to music through black headphones that rested on his head. Grabbing a random piece of paper I folded it into a sad paper airplane in attempt to catch his attention.

Sitting carefully by the window I aimed the paper airplane at him and threw it. It surprisingly glided smoothly towards him and hit his arm. I mentally cheered to myself that I was able to hit him.

His head turned towards me in shock, slowly lowering his headphones and looking at the ground to see what hit him. Then he picked up the paper airplane, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Do you want my attention that badly?"

Heat filled up my face, "No! Well y-yes...maybe!"

A soft chuckle left his lips as he looked over the badly made airplane, suddenly throwing it back at me. My brain didn't register what was happening until the tip of the paper plane hit me square in the forehead. I held my forehead as the tip scrunched up and it fell on my lap.

"Ow! Hey! I didn't hit your face!"

He walked over and sat next to his window, leaning over the bottom edge with his elbows, "Do I need to come over and kiss it so it will feel better?"

I furiously shook my head, "N-no! I'm fine."

He let out a hum, propping his cheek up on his hand, "What are you doing right now?"

Looking over at my dresser I realized there was some bottles of nail polish on top of it that I planned to use, "I wanted to paint my nails because they look gross."

"I could use some nail polish as well." He says as he curled his fingers towards himself to look over his nails.

I blinked at him in shock a few times, "But you're a guy..."

"So? I don't care." He shrugged then hopped into his window frame, "Move back."

I stood up and stepped back from my seat to give him room. I watched him this time as he hopped over. He grabbed onto the ledge of my window and fell downwards a little bit, his shoes scuffing against the side of the building before hoisting himself up safely into my room.

I placed my hand on my chest and let out a breath, "You know you always scare me when you do that."

"Well, that just shows me you care."

Suddenly he walked towards me and cupped my face with his hands, thumbs rubbing my cheeks. I squeezed my eyes shut from the sudden contact when I felt something soft and warm press against my forehead where my paper airplane hit me.

"There. Feel better?"

Opening up eyes again I looked up at him, seeing a warm but still curious smile spread across his face as he watched for my reaction. My skin burned from the action of his lips as I tried to shake my head but his hands stopped me from doing that.

"It's good to know that I can make you blush so easily." He smirks as his kissed the tip of my nose.

Squeaking out of embarrassment I covered my face with my hands. His hands peeled away from my heated skin and traveled through my hair and down my back then pulled me to him in a big hug.

"I've been waiting all day to hug you." He whispers into my hair.

Burying my face in his chest so he couldn't see my face I mumble, "Me too."