Chapter One. YOU SCRATCHED MY CAR?!

Start from the beginning

That’s right, instead of happy house wife mum, I get crazy, car racing, can’t cook to save herself mum. But in my opinion that’s a great thing.

“How was your flight?” Mum asked as she picked up my three bags and headed up the stairs toward my bed room.

“It was good, but I swapped my first class ticket with a commercial air line. Dad really has to stop trying to buy me necessary things,” I said with a sigh as I failed to get a bag off my stubborn and surprisingly strong mother so I could help her carry my bags to my room.

Mum just chortled and smiled over her shoulder at me. “Your father seems to forget sometimes that you are my child too and thinks you actually want everything to be all fancy and expensive. Us girls just like it simple hey Mill?” I chuckled and opened the door to my room; I hadn’t seen it in four years, not since I left to go to eight different boarding schools in eight different countries at the start of my high school life.

“Well I’m glad to see your un-mother like style of life is still intact mum,” I giggled as I looked at my newly decorated and changed room.

Mum placed my bags down and sent me a smug look. “Well I refuse to be one of those parents who say ‘the room is just how you left it’,” Mum said in a fake snobby tone of voice. “I thought as you’ve come back to finish your last year of school you could get a whole heap of new with it.”

I froze as I was looking around my new room and turned to Mum with a raised brow. “Why do I get the feeling that there is more to your last statement than just a newly decorated room?” I said with a raised brow.

Mum smirked ear to ear and pulled a key from her back pocket. “I fixed up the car and thought it would be a good sentimental present and all that,” Mum started while walking through my newly painted room which has white walls with different color paint explosions all over it and a modern desk on one side with all the technology needs of a modern teen. There was a wall covered in shelves filled with books among books with a gap in the middle bottom and a large semicircle bed (and I mean to king sized beds here would have to be the size of this bed) covered in just white with millions of different colored pillows and a canopy of twinkling lights falling from the roof to surround the bed. And to finish it all off, the room had a wall of just glass to look out onto the lake and the back yard from my room. Oh wait, did I mention the TV? Well opposite my bed is a large pull screen almost as big as my new bed with an X-Box, Wii and DVD-player/s all underneath…did my mum ever want me to leave my room?!

I held the keys in my hand and stared at them with my jaw dropped. “You’re giving me the keys to the car! No way mum!” I screamed and ran over to hug her as hard as possible. She hugged me back and then pulled away shrugging her shoulders. “It seemed right. I was given the car when I first started at Dreamer’s High so I think passing it down to you the day before you start is some form of legacy I can pass down to you.”

I smiled and hugged her again, the thought struck me and I pulled back. “Mum…isn’t this car totaled? I mean I haven’t seen it in working order since the day you and dad won the big race just after I was born.” Mum ruffled my hair and walked toward the door with a smirk. “Don’t be silly Mill, I fixed it up recently just for you. I even added in a few bits here and there just to give it that little something extra.”