Chapter 7 - Struggles

Start from the beginning

I watched Kat's whole attitude change. Her face softened, her body relaxed as her muscles reposed. She had a disheartened expression while watching him. 

"Angelo, you go there every day. You don't need to-" Kat began speaking calmly with a sympathetic look upon her face.

"And I will go there every fucking day for the rest of my life." He cut her off with a firm statement.

Kat began nodding, taking a few steps back and hugging her body with her arms around her torso. She apologized to him softly which he responded to with a quick hug and playful shove. Angelo then began walking in my direction. He lifted his head, noticing me standing there causing him to halt in reaction. He shook his head and turned on the heel of his foot to walk away from me. He walked passed a loving Gio and Kat, disappearing around the corner of the house.

Kat saw Angelo's reaction to me prompting her to walk my way after kissing Gio goodbye.

"What was that? Why is Angelo avoiding you?" She asked me a question I couldn't even answer at this moment. I simply shrugged my shoulders in response.

Kat and I spent two hours on the deck drinking the Rossini's she had offered me earlier. She helped me get my mind off of things and simply enjoy a carefree afternoon.

I held the champagne flute in my hand, swirling the red liquid around it. I began feeling myself dozing off, the relaxed atmosphere bringing forth my exhaustion. I quickly downed the remnants of the glass, popping the strawberry at the end of it inside my mouth.

"Kat, please may I go shower? The fatigue is catching up to me." I asked her, a yawn exposing me instantly.

"Of course, Cara (dear)! Use the door right across from your room, that's a bathroom. There should be towels hanging on the rails, but call me if you have any issues."

"Thanks. I guess I better say good night to you now. And thank you so much for this afternoon. I definitely needed it." I mentioned as I stood from my chair.

"Aren't you joining us for dinner?" She asked me, rising to her feet as well.

"No, thank you. I will be joining the pillow and duvet on the bed though."

Kat giggled while nodding in acknowledgment. I left her on the deck, making my way back upstairs. There were guards at every turn, simply standing motionless, expressionless, and silent. There was no way out of here, not easily at least.

I reached the door I think was the room I was placed in. This place is huge and I wasn't paying much attention earlier. I knocked on the door before opening it a little, noticing the same bedroom on the other side. Ok, that's definitely the room which means the bathroom...

I turned around to meet a closed-door directly across. I grabbed the handle and opened it, shutting and locking it behind me. I guess I'll have to wear these clothes again until I manage to speak to someone regarding the clothing situation, or lack thereof.

I walked around the bathroom, admiring the golden leaf-patterned tiles around the walls. There was a massive clawfoot bathtub against the wall beneath a size-matching window. It overlooked his garden area, however, most of the view was consumed by the sea. I watched the water flashing it's shining principles as the sun rays hit the surface.

I made my way further into the bathroom, searching for the shower. There was a  parallel wall creating a black tiled tunnel of some sort, a showerhead appearing towards the end of it. I made my way towards it, wanting to adjust the temperature of the water before undressing. As I turned the corner, my heart nearly jumped out of my chest.