Chapter 7 - Struggles

Start from the beginning

"You have got to be fucking kidding me."

Gio glanced up, his eyes widening when he noticed us before narrowing into slits as his gaze landed on Kat

"Don't give me that look, idiota (idiot)! You're the one in trouble here!" She uttered to herself as she walked down the steps, letting go of my hand to stalk over to them.

"GIOVANNI!" She yelled at him.

"Katena, what the fuck do you think you're doing!?" Angelo stood, his body overshadowing hers, as he seethed in her direction.

"What am I doing!? What are you doing, Angelo!? When did you boys add kidnapping into your list of services?" She stopped, placing her hands on her hips as she took a provocative step towards him.

"Katena, you're my cousin's fiance and you're marrying into this family. Out of respect, I am going to give you this one chance to walk away. Stand down and fucking walk away!" He growled at her. I could see the veins in his neck popping while his eyes began overrunning me. His glare was intense and I felt myself cowering slightly.

"Or what Angelo? Are you going to slap me around like you did her?" Kat patronized him, her face edging closer to his.

"Mi scusi (excuse me)!?" I saw him fuming further, his jaw clenching as he stared at her.

"You think... You think I did that to her?" Angelo's eyes met mine once more before returning downwards.

"I don't know, Angelo, did you? She won't talk. She seems petrified to talk." Kat continued pushing.

"Oh, don't be fooled, Katena. She is far from petrified." Angelo scoffed followed my an unamused chuckle.

"I don't fucking care. I want to know what the fuck is going on here!"

"This has nothing to do with you Katena, drop it!" Giovanni tried interjecting between his fiance and cousin.

"It has everything to do with me! And if you're going to stand there and defend this then you can fucking find another fiance. I am marrying you, Giovanni, so whatever demons you face, I face them too. I need to know what's going on, otherwise this...." She began gesturing between them with her index finger.

"This isn't going to work. And whatever is happening with you..." She now pointed her finger, pressing against Angelo's chest.

"Whatever is happening with you, directly affects your cousin since he is now your Capo Bastone (underboss)! And you both arrived at that decision with my approval! So, yes, Angelo this is my business and I am demanding to know what the fuck is going on here!" She steamed in his space.

Angelo kept watching her, shifting his gaze to Gio then returning it to Kat as his mind raced through the possible ways to fix this.

"Fine. I'll explain everything to you, but only later tonight. I have to get going." He looked at his watch, checking the time followed by a quick glance into the sky.