f o u r

if the gif on the side doesn't brighten your day then idk what will

☹ luke ☹

The palms of my hands began to sweat and and I couldn't deny that my heart was batting roughly beneath my chest and my stomach began to do crazy somersaults that nearly made me think I was going to puke. "Well, I–" I stammered out, looking at my hands, not daring to look at her face. "Calm down Luke, that doesn't make me like you any less," She chuckled, the clouds of her breath puffing out and disappearing within a split second.

I swallowed the nervous lump forming in my throat, wondering why I was so nervous around this one girl – It was stupid of me to even ask myself that, I knew why I was nervous around her; I was so fucking in love with her, there was no denying it.

 Then, I began to think what she saw me as through her eyes; a cocky bastard? an arrogant prick? I don't know, I just hoped she thought I was somewhat alright. Because fuck, she was my entire galaxy, the sun, the moon and all of the stars. She made me feel alright when I was in my darkest hours, even just looking at her. I felt blessed that she was even in my life, existing and actually knowing I existed.

"Sorry, I can't control my feelings," Was all I could say at this point, since my voice was shaking and untrustworthy. She shook her head, her hair swaying side to side as she did so. "Don't apologize, it's not your fault," I didn't know how to respond so I just stayed silent, looking up the stars and the translucent moon. 

"The moon's nearly as beautiful as you," I whispered after a while, not realizing that I had just said that out loud. I hid my flushed face by turning away and mentally cursing to myself. I heard her softly cackle from beside me, making my heart skip a beat like every time she laughed. A few moments passed, the sound of faint pounding music and crickets keeping us from deepening the rigid tension between us both.  

 Small smiles made their way to my face every once in a while; I didn't know whether it was from the alcohol I had consumed or the feeling of having Heather beside me, probably both. "Do you wanna get out of here?" She suddenly said, standing up on her high tops. I frowned, as if asking where we were going to go. "My parents are on vacation and the house has this sick as basement where I used to spend all my time, you'll see," She gripped my hand with her tiny one, pulling me up. Her hands were pale and cold, opposite to mine. And that made me want to hold her hand so tight that I could break my wrist. 

She tugged me along by my fingers, passed the house and onto the sidewalk where very few drunken teenagers were stumbling and yelling for no apparent reason. We dodged them, my eyes never leaving the back of her frame.

Her hair was down to the bottom of her spine and a little tangled, creating a cape cascading behind her. The over-sized black tank top fell off her shoulders from time to time, her having to slide them back up her arms and onto her shoulders again. She wore these tight faded blue skinny jeans, showing off her thin legs, making her look a little taller. Her over-worn combat boots tapping against the pavement as we basically ran to wherever we were going, we turned the corner and out of the neighborhood. 

I noticed her shivering and I decided to do the obvious, most cliche thing ever. "Are you cold?" I asked, starting to take my leather jacket from my shoulders. "No, you don't have to do tha-" But I did and she smiled her flawless smile and thanked me quietly. I smiled back and kept walking, my head hanging low and my cold hands in my pockets.

"So, what's your favorite song?" I asked, her head snapping towards me, a smile on her face. "Definitely Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi," She answered, her eyes fixing on the road beneath us. I nodded, she has decent music taste. She began rambling adorably about how much she loved that song about living on a prayer and now I'm pretty sure that halfway there. I just have to make her see how much of a loser Alex is. Now I know that sounds dick-ish but hey, I'll embrace that I'm a dick. After she finished rambling, she spoke. "What about you? What's your favorite song?"