t w o

currently sobbing bc fetus 3/4 5sos performing 'everything i want' (on the side/top) and i thought it'd be rad for it to be the song for this chapter yay vote and comment pretty pls with a calum on top

☹ luke ☹

Ashton parked beside the sidewalk down the road, since there was people's cars parked closest to the party already. Ashton sighed, looking at me. I turned my head, opening the door. I stepped onto the pavement, feeling the cold July air against my face. I breathed it in through my nose, sliding my hands in the pockets of my black, unzipped jacket.

I slimmed the door by bumping it with my hip, Ashton appearing beside me as we both walked down the sidewalk to the large house. It was completely packed, while the earsplitting music pulsated throughout my body. Broken beer bottles and red cups strewn across the grass outside, people in clusters sitting around outside either making out or just talking about God knows what. 

We reached the front porch, Ashton leaned toward me slightly. "I'm gonna go look for Cara, I'll find you later," I nodded and quietly walked in behind him. He disappeared within the sea of dancing bodies, bouncing along with them and throwing his hands in the air.

I shook my head at my curly haired friend and made my way to the kitchen. I grabbed a red cup of whatever from a random guy, gulping it down and liking the way it burned my throat. 

"Take it easy, Lukey," Calum came out of nowhere and patted my shoulder roughly. His voice slightly raised due to the loud ass music. His eyes bloodshot and his scent was mixed with different kinds of things. "Come dance," He laughed, pulling me into the middle of the crowd by my wrist.

He began to jump to the up-beat music, singing along to whatever song was playing. Flashing lights filled the dingy room, red mixed with a little pink. People began to squished and bump into me. I muttered a few 'sorry's, moving out of their way.

I probably looked like a fool, awkwardly standing in the middle of a dancing crowd. I looked behind me and I saw Heather a few meters away, bouncing along with everyone else, a bright smile on her face. 

I suddenly came up with an idea, excitement filled my body. "Did you bring your guitar?" I asked Calum, my eyes watching his every move. "Yeah, why?" He stopped jumping and looked me in the eyes, his thick eyebrows furrowed. A smile formed on my lips and I quickly headed out of the crowd. "What the fuck are you doing?" Calum barked from behind me, I ignored him. 

I went up to the front of the sweaty, dancing crowd where a lanky guy I didn't know was picking songs from his laptop. He looked at me and smiled widely. "Hey man, anything I can do?" He chirped over the music, just loud enough for me to hear him since the speakers were near us. 

"Do you think I could play a song?" I asked, my voice low, raised eyebrows. He laughed, nodding before disappearing, fairly quickly returning with an amp and microphone in hand. "Do you have a guitar or something?" He asked, plugging in the amp at the wall. I nodded, scanning the crowd for the brunette. A few moments passed before I spotted him with Michael dancing like idiots. I raised my hand, calling his name as loud as I could. After many attempts, Calum finally glanced up.

I mouthed the word 'guitar', pretending to strum an invisible one. He finally caught on and scurried quickly out of the crowd. The random guy and I exchanged awkward smiles before Calum finally showed up. He stumbled toward me, handing me his acoustic guitar. "Don't fuck up," He assured before ambling away into the ocean of teenagers. I felt pairs of eyes on me, my nerves kicking in. I shrugged them off, like every time I had before. 

The abnormally tall guy shut off the music, everyone in the room stopping and frowning up at him. The feeling of self-consciousness flowed through my body, I adjusted the snapback atop my head before straightening up my demeanour. I placed the guitar strap over my shoulder, casually tuning Calum's guitar that actually didn't need to be tuned. 

The guy stepped in front of me, speaking into the microphone. "So here we have-" He leaned in, quietly asking my name, I told him quickly and he faced them again. "Luke," He spoked into the mic. I looked around, finding Heather where she was dancing earlier, eyes on me.

I felt a smirk form on my lips, I turned my attention back to the guy. "He's gonna sing a little song for you guys," He said before stepping back behind the set, people began clapping and cheering, making me grin a little. 

"Uh hi," I said, chuckling at how awkward I was. "This song is an original that I wrote a few months ago. It's little emotional and personal, I guess. So, grab someone who you love and just dance." I explained, watching people get into pairs, some leaving to sit down.

"This is called Everything I Want," I looked down at the guitar, I began to strum it with the small guitar pick, that was between my fingertips. I licked my lips, my eyes flicker from different people in the crowd. I finally forced out the words that seemed to be stuck in my throat for a little while.

"They can say what they say, I just want you to believe
but these clouds are still dark.

I have loved you from the start but you're so beautiful and
you're incredible, irreplaceable. I never wanna lose my baby,"

I sing-songed, watching Heather's every move. I didn't care that she was with Alex in that moment, this was about her, she didn't have to know. 

"You are everything I want
and everything I need.

It's all because of you, I can barely breathe.
When we wake up in the morning, it's a brighter day,
we sail the high seas 'cause baby you and me,
we can always be. I just wanna call you,

mine,"

I strummed the guitar faster, tapping my foot against the floorboards. People were swaying, Heather making my stomach knot as she glazed at me, furrowing her eyebrows as if she was trying to figure something out.

"Take, take, take me all away. 
There's nothing left to say,
now I feel remorse.

Take, take, take it all away. 
There's nothing left to feel,
than the pain you gave to me.

but you are everything I want
and everything I need.
It's all because of you,"

I sang louder, changing my voice in some parts, coming out better than I thought they would.

"But you are everything I want
and everything I need.
It's all because of you,
I can barely breathe. 

When we wake up in the morning,
it's a brighter day, we sail the high seas 'cause baby you and me,
we can always be. I just wanna call you, mine,"

I strummed the last cords on Calum's guitar, taking a breath and stepping back. Grinning widely at people clapping and woo'ing. Heather smiled at me, giving me a thumbs up. I nodded, smirking back.

The same tall guy came up behind me, fist-bumping me before speaking. "That was sick, you killed it," He laughed, looking out of breath. "Thanks," I said softly, laughing a bit before taking the guitar strap off of my shoulder, holding it in my one hand. 

"Give it up for Luke!" The unnamed guy called loudly, his voice sounding over-excited. I trudged from in front of the crowd, literally smiling like the Chesire Cat. 

-

still sobbing guys bc looK AT LUKE iN THE GIF HOLY SHIT AND FETUS LUKE IN THE VIDEO PUBERTY HIT HIM LIKE A BUS hOT DAMN

PLS CRY WITH ME

obvs i cut some of the song out bc it was hella long and it was just replaying the same solo a lot so yeah just pretend he sang the whole song (it went for 3 minutes and 12 seconds if you wanted to know)

gonna do a part two of dis k lols baii 

vote comment !!! 

-s h a n n y n