f i v e

you guys know those couches that fold out into a bed? yeah well thats what i was going on about

☹ luke ☹

"Fuck, shit, fuck, fuck, no!" Heather squeaked as she crashed into the other players. We were playing Mario Karts and Heather, as per usual, was being incredibly competitive. She decided on Yoshi and I went with Bowser, playfully crashing into one another just to piss each other off.

The game finally ended and Heather threw her controller down on the couch-bed next to her. I smiled as she frustratingly groaned, placing her head on my broad shoulder. 

Her scent of daisies wafted through my nose and the feeling of her touching me burned on my skin, soothing me. "I'm tired," She stated, covering her hand over her mouth as she yawned. "Might as well stay here, right?" I said, my voice croaky. I pulled a thin blanket over us both.

I felt her nod against my shoulder before she got up, turning off the Xbox and switching off the lights, pitch black surrounding the room. I chuckled, hearing her quick footsteps dart toward me. Seconds later, I felt the folded out couch lightly sink in beside me and her tiny frame curled into me, keen to finally get some rest.

"Scared of the dark?" I asked, staring at complete darkness. "A little," I felt her shrug and I pulled her close to my chest longingly, holding her securely. I felt her breath fanning against my collarbone, sending shivers up my spine. I rested my chin on top of her head, the muscles twitch upwards at the corners of my mouth.

This all felt like some cliche movie to me and I hoped that I would be that guy that got the girl in the end. No matter how hard I tried to get her, Alex would pull her away from me and I couldn't do anything about it. She was so oblivious toward Alex. He was an utter liar, an asshole, seemingly a cheater too. He didn't deserve someone as amazing as her. 

I knew for a fact that Heather was very smart, I didn't understand why she couldn't see how fake Alex was. I just prayed she would figure it out soon. I guess this was what I got when I let my heart win, I was willing to wait for her though; no matter how long she took. I wanted her so bad, I wanted to kiss her and tell her that I loved her and finally be able to call her my mine. I wanted to take her places, cuddle her, grow old with her. I want a future with that girl.

I shifted downwards to her eye level, snuggling into the thin cover. Although it was dim, holy shit, nothing shone quite as bright as her eyes in that moment. They were the type that people would mistaken for contact lenses. A pale blue grey color that looked as if they held so much pain, so many secrets. They shaped into little half moons as a wide grin spread across her face, the apples of her cheeks reddening deeply. I wanted to pull out a Polaroid camera and capture a photograph of this adorable girl before me and save it as long as I die.

I reached out and brushed the stray strands of her hair out of her face, tucking them tenderly behind her ear. She closed her eyes at the gesture, the sweet smile still on her face. I traced the outline of her jaw, her skin cold with goosebumps. She pressed her lips together before they parted and soft snores wafted out in silent breaths. The last thing I saw was her peaceful face, before I closed my eyes and stuffed my head in the crook of her neck. 

-

short af update im sorry but i love writing stuff like this ugh :'-) im sorry i haven't updated in foREVER my internet has been cut for weeks and i missed every single one of you dearly. pls vote and comment and whatever else. love you all, have a nice day

-shannyn the gr8