Chapter Forty Nine

Comincia dall'inizio

I can't say I'll be able to handle it when I'm with him again.

I lower my shaking hand down to the knob of the door and turn it, I slowly push the door open and sneak in to the room.

Quietly shutting the door behind me. I turn the corner of the wall to see him, Vincent, laying in his hospital bed. His eyes were closed, and he was hooked up to so many different things.

My heart was hurting, wondering what happened to him for him to be in here, at the same time as me.

It was almost like this was supposed to happen this way.

I stood still, just admiring the face of my first and only love.

If I had one wish in this entire world, it would be that everything I did this year and every choice I made never happened.

I wanted to crawl out of my own skin thinking I got in a car with Logan, slept with Niko— I can't even talk about it, my stomach can't handle it.

I've never felt guilt the way I was feeling it since I remembered.

Everything he's been through this year, he must've been trying so hard to be okay when he wasn't.

All year my clueless self depicted him as an asshole, when he's so far from an asshole it's unreal. Vincent is the sweetest lover, he has a big heart and it's the reason he has mine.

He was never a jerk, he was battling himself and trauma that wasn't going away.

He's the strongest guy I've ever met, he's been through hell and back and he still stands on his own two feet.

I didn't know if I had the words for him when he opened his eyes, I owed him the biggest apology for this year, but I also want to hug him and hold him for the rest of time.

I want my lips on his until this world stops spinning.

I hoped after all this, he'd still want me.

The girl he fell for junior year of high-school when she would never leave him alone. The girl he finally gave into and the girl he ended up having the most incredible, real, and loving relationship with.

Our chemistry was uncanny, in a small amount of time he became my world and everything in it.

And that never ever changed, I just forgot.

Forgot him.

Doubt - Twenty One Pilots/slowed ( Media Above )

I slowly walk my way closer to his bed, my face and hair damp from my incessant tears.

I was before his bed and I stared so lovingly at him sleeping. His breaths were the same as I remember, so subtle and small.

He was amazing.

I sniffle and wipe my nose. From the sound, Vincent suddenly opens his eyes to see me and shoots up in his bed. I flinch as I'm startled by his quick movement.

"Grace, what's wrong? What happened, what the hell are you doing here?" He examines me, becoming more worried by the second.