Chapter Forty Nine

Start from the beginning

I had no idea who he was and he had to live with that every day.

I mean I had to live with forgetting months of my life but I never knew what I forgot.

What you don't know can't hurt you.

I had no clue who the boy I loved with all of my heart was, the boy who showed me what love was and how strong it could be...

This is why I was steering away from the thought.

I shook it off and kept running as tears poured down my face.

I didn't even know what I was going to say to him or how I was going to tell him but all I was focused on was walking through that door and seeing Vincent's face.

My Vincent's face.

I felt completely sick to my stomach everytime the though of forgetting him arose. Thinking back on the memories from just this year, I've put him through so, so much. And there was a whole eight months without him I was missing.

I book it up the stairs and I was damn near exhausted once I finally made it on his floor, the first doctor I saw I rushed up to him and begged for his help.

"Can you please direct me to room 233 on this floor, is urgent." I plead as I appear in front of him.

He points down the hall and I nod before taking off on my feet once again.

As I run I glance at every room number.

211...

215..

217..

220..

222..

228..

230..

233.

There it was.

The door to Vincent's hospital room, where his perfectly defined face and body laid in a hospital bed.

I still knew not what brought him in here, but wanting to see him and tell him somewhat overrode that in that moment.

I couldn't tell if my heart was about to stop or beat out of my chest.

How will he react?

We've been through so much this year without me even knowing a thing, and now everything has flooded back?

It's hard to add the two worlds together and think of what will come of it.

No one ever thought I'd get to this point.

I place my hand on the hard, cold door and run my hand down the surface of it.

Tears race down my cheeks as I cry, trying to get it together.

This moment was so big and I could barely grasp it.

He's the love of my life.... and he's been through hell for almost a year.