Chapter 6 - Playing With Fire

Start from the beginning

I swallowed hard as I felt myself getting aroused by his forceful display. He didn't hurt me, but he wasn't gentle either.

"I gave you an order. I suggest you listen to me before I lose my temper." He seethed in my face.

"Listen? Or obey like some enslaved lower class proletariat?" I questioned him.

I watched as his pupils dilated, his eyes jumping around my face before settling on my mouth.

"Why do you have to fight me at every turn, challenging my every word?" He shook his head, deflecting his eyes from my lips as he questioned me.

"I gave you that answer yesterday." I simply stated.

He closed his eyes, releasing both my chin and arm from his grip. He took two deep breathes before reopening them, the hues within them displaying a rich earthy brown. A deep brown like the soil after torrential storms, yet colliding with honey droplets. His eyes were stunningly infatuating, seizing my attention in seconds.

"Have something to eat..." His voice brought me back to the current reality, instead of the fantasized one within my head.

"Please." He pleaded softly, the word foreign upon his tongue. I was taken aback by it, almost feeling guilty for my next reply.

"No, thank you. I'm not hungry." I spoke somewhat truthfully.

I watched as his jaw clenched tightly before his frame shot up straight. I angered him now, that much was extremely evident. He stalked away from me as I assumed he was leaving. Suddenly, I heard the clashing of the tray of food against the wall in front of me, the breaking of porcelain and the smashing of glass flying around. My body lurched gravely, moving slightly back and further into the mattress. I kept my back towards him, not wanting to witness this rage.

"If you don't want to eat, then don't fucking eat!" He roared at me.

I closed my eyes, taking in deep breathes to keep myself calm and collected. Now, you've gone and done it. You've been playing with fire for too long, Elena, and someone's going to get burnt. His footsteps began getting fainter, indicating his departure.

"Fucking hell, if it's not one man telling me I'm not allowed to eat, it's another telling me I must," I mumbled underneath my breath with a shake of my head.

The sound of a scraping shoe, against the concrete floor, coming to a halt caught my attention. I quickly shifted my body around, noticing him at the door and not yet out of the room. Shit.

His back was towards me for a few moments before spinning around to face me.

"What did you just say?" He queried, slowly walking back in my direction with his hands in his pockets.

"Um, nothing," I spoke sheepishly, avoiding his gaze. I was convinced that he had left.

He was silent for some time, my mind becoming curious as to what he was doing. My curiosity took over making me raise my head to catch him inspecting me. His eyes raked over my body from head to toe, paying closer attention to certain sections. I began feeling extremely vulnerable and uncomfortable in this situation. The way he was looking at me shook me to the core, wondering what was going through his mind. Does he see the flaws, like Adrian?

He shook his head, edging closer to me. He then held out his hand.

"Get up." He spoke softly. The words and lack of politeness made his request seem harsh again, but his tone told the opposite story. His tone was soothing, understanding and complaisant.

My eyes narrowed in on him, tilting my head as I bounced my vision between him and his outstretched hand.

"Why?" I asked him calmly.