Chapter-20

WARRENS POV.

"Damn it Warren! When are you going to realize that I want nothing to do with you?"

  Oh how I love it when she's riled up.

"Come now. You're legally my child." I coaxed her.

She rolled her eyes.

  "You didn't create me. None of you is in me. I don't belong to you!"

"Right, and you belong to that man you have only know for, what, two, three months?" I bit back harshly as I circled the chair she was handcuffed to.

   "Yes, you dumb ass."

"Oh please. Angelo Lesca is not the man you think he is."

"Yes he is."

"No he is not! Do you honestly think he cared about you?! He's a womanizer, not a family man!"

   She leaned forward as she stared me in the eye.

  She's as beautiful as her mother.

"That womanizer took care of me when I was sick. That womanizer has protected me. That womanizer cares about the people he loves. Me and mom included. He has never raised a hand to a woman or child. That womanizer is my father."

  And she has to ruin it by opening her mouth.

"Listen Mercury." I roughly grabbed her jaw. "He tricked you into thinking all of that. In reality, he's just as bad as I am."

  "Bullshit."

She needs to be taught to not be disrespectful.

  "You better watch that tone-,"

"You aren't my father or my mother last time I ch-,"

I back handed the hell out of her.

And she laughed?

"You're doing nothing but proving my point!" She cackled on.

   She wants to play the hard game?

"You are to pretty to be opening that little mouth of yours."

   "You belong in jail."

"You don't want that. I can be here. I can take care of you." I got a little bit closer to her.

   She tried to push her head further away from me.

  Tried.

"You could live in comfort. You wouldn't even have to cook or clean. You could be treated like a mafia queen." I shrugged.

  "Why would I want that?"

"Because you're mine." I kissed her cheek.

   Her eyes widened as she looked at me.

Next thing I know, I'm on the floor holding my crotch.

   "If you ever, and I mean ever touch me again, I will make sure your organs are trailed through the house, do you understand?!"

  "You bitch!" I wheezed.

I don't think I can have kids.

  "Once I'm out of this shit, you won't be able to run. The Lesca family is going to tear you apart. You can't escape it this time." She carried on.

   "I've already won." I groaned. "The chances of those bastards finding you are slim to none."

  Especially since we aren't even in New York.

"Where the hell are we?!" She yelled.

Now, it was my turn to laugh.

  "My Dear Mercury. We are in Italy."

ANGELOS POV.

  "Mr. Lesca!" I heard someone yell from down the hall.

  Oh god. This better be good.

It had only been two days since we lost Mercury. I didn't sleep. Gino didn't sleep. No one was sleeping.

  How could we?

"Yes?"

The man practically broke down the damn door trying to just walk in.

   "Calm yourself man." I ran a hand through my hair.

  "S-sorry boss. We've been doing research on Marino." He panted.

That peaked my interest.

"And?"

"H-he changed his name. He was given the Marino clan."

  "Ok, what does this have to do with anything?"

"His real name was Christopher Edmonds. He was adopted after he was let out of a psych ward when he was sixteen."

  "What the fuck was he in there for?"

"He was in a car accident with his girlfriend. He was pretty screwed up in the head." He explained as he handed me a picture.

   I could notice Warren, or Christopher right away. That part was easy.

What wasn't easy was the girl next to him.

   She was a teenager, with dark hair and eyes.

She barred a similar resemblance with Adaline,  especially when she was that age. They weren't exact copies of each other, but could pass as being family.

But what really scared me was that she also barred a similar resemblance with Mercury, who was a hell of a lot closer to that age, and look a hell of a lot more like her.

   "Is this girl dead?"

He nodded. "We believe that he wants Mercury because she reminds him of the woman in the picture."

      "My daughter reminds him of his dead girl friend?"