Chapter-14

MERCURYS POV.

It was the last night of staying at the beach house.

It was hot in the day, but it got pretty cold at night, so I was ready to go back to the city.

It was around ten at night when Jace came up to me. Why the hell is he here?

I was the only one in the room, so he had to be looking for me.

"Angelo said to meet him outside. It sounded pretty urgent." He gave a brief explanation.

I should have known by now that if Angelo wanted me, he would get me himself.

But I didn't.

I quickly got up, not noticing that I was being followed.

"Where is he?" I asked, clueless as I stepped out back, towards where the pool was.

I heard the click of a lock. I looked up to Jace, who was closing the back door.

What the hell?

"It's really a shame I have to do this Mercury." He whispered as he walked closer to the pool.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, taking a step back, even though I already knew he was about to do something bad, not too deep down.

I'm such an idiot.

"Which is why I'll make it quick."

I didn't have time to register what was happening, before he covered my mouth from behind, a flung us both into the freezing water.

The cold hit me like a ton of bricks, because the simple shirt and leggings I was wearing weren't enough to keep me warm in forty degree water.

It was a struggle to open my eyes, but I did just in time to whip my head to the side, to dodge a very sharp blade. Instead, it hit the side of the pool, wedging itself into the concrete.

I took that as a chance to elbow Jace in the nose, hard enough to possibly give a clean break.

He was pushed back a bit.

I was only able to breath above the surface for a millisecond, before being brought back down again.

He slammed me against the edge of the pool, and withdrew that knife.

This isn't looking too good.

He made the move to stab me again, one hand holding the weapon, the other holding me down.

I grabbed the knife hand, trying my best to stop him from doing me in. I was straining from having to exert that much strength, and having to somehow hold my breath.

Either I'm about to die via knife, or drown.

I was about to choose which pill to take, to be honest. I don't think I can get out of this one.

I was about to say my prayers when I heard a loud shot, and I saw something go through Jace's shoulder.

His eyes widened as he let go of me, sinking down deeper.

I swam to the surface, gasping for air, coughing. I felt someone grab me, and pull me up.

My eyes were barely open enough to see Penny, who had a gun in her hand, take me in her arms, kneeling to the ground.

I was shaking from the cold, but happy to have at least a little bit of air, no matter how much I was coughing.

"What the hell did he do?" She asked, angry.