xii. i'm not a psychic

Start from the beginning

"What if telling him gets him killed, huh?" Stiles snaps. " I mean, okay. Look, I get that Deaton's been like a father to you-- I get that, okay? But this is my--Scott, this is my actual father. I can't... I can't lose both of my parents, all right? Not both of them."

"You're right." Scott sighs.

"No." Stiles groans. "I'm not. I'm not right. I'll tell him."

"We'll help you." Sabrina states grabbing ahold of Stiles arm, giving him a soft smile. As the trio walked out of the back room they were met with their school consoler Miss Marin.

"Please, whatever you need. However you can help find my brother." Miss Marin says.

"Will you excuse us for a moment?" Sheriff Stilinski exclaims walking away with the rest of his deputies. Once the teens were alone again with Miss Marin she started walking towards them.

"Listen closely, all three of you-- no sheriff, deputy, or detective is going to be able to find him." Miss Marin states.

"You don't have to ask us for help." Scott tells her.

"Actually, I'm trying to help you. Because if you're going to find my brother, then you need to use the one person who might actually have an ability to seek out the supernatural." Miss Marin explains.

"Lydia."

-

"A ouijia board?" Lydia questions turning to her sister. Sabrina rolls her eyes and shrugs in response. She wasn't responsible for what ever wacked out idea Stiles came up with.

"Also called a spirit board. And, it's worth a shot." Stiles exclaims.

"A shot in the dark." Lydia mutters.

"Could you just try it, please?" Stiles asks. "Okay, let's not forget who this is for-- Scott's boss, the guy who has saved our collective asses on more than one occasion."

"Oh, wait. Should we all do this?" Cora questions. Sabrina was still confused as to why she was here.

"Yeah. Yeah. You guys ready?" Stiles asks.

"Yeah."

"Yes."

"Where's Dr. Deaton?" Stiles begins keeping a close eye on Lydia.

When nothing happens and Lydia notices him looking at her she sighs. "What?"

"Aren't you gonna answer it?" Stiles questions.

"God, Stiles you're an idiot." Sabrina snaps.

"Wha-what I thought-" Stiles begin to stutter.

"I don't know the answer." Lydia says. "I thought we were asking some sort of spirit."

"Well, do you know any spirits?" Cora asks.

"Is she for real?" Lydia questions.

When the ouijia didn't work Stiles tried a new tactic. "Okay, these are Deaton's keys for the clinic. Close your eyes, and I'm gonna put 'em in your hand, and then we're just gonna try and see if you can feel out for his location. It's called psychometry."

"I'm not a psychic." Lydia states.

"You're something! Okay?" Stiles freaks out as Sabrina rolls her eyes. "Just, Lydia, put out your hand." Lydia sticks her hand out, making a noise when Stiles drops the keys into them. "What?"

"They're cold."

Sabrina's surprised Stiles didn't leave at this point as she watches his eyes twitch. "Lydia, concentrate, please? Trying to save lives here, for the love of God." Lydia notices Stiles frustration and tries to take things seriously. Though nothing she did worked, she wasn't getting any kind of message from the keys. "Yeah, what is it? What do you see?" Stiles asks once he notices the look of concentration on Lydia's face.

Lydia sighs before speaking. "Nothing."

Once again Stiles was trying a new tactic. Sabrina didn't realize how prepared he came. "Automatic writing?" Sabrina questions. Stiles nods his head while heading Lydia a pencil. Hesitantly she takes it blowing out a breath of air. Almost immediately she began writing which caught the attention of everyone in the room. Once Stiles noticed what she was drawling he spoke up.

"Lydia, what are you doing? What... what the hell is that?"

"A tree." She states.

"A tr--? Lydia, you're supposed to be writing words-- like, in sentences, something like a location, something that would tell us where he is." Stiles exclaims.

"Well, maybe you should've said that." Lydia snaps.

"Isn't she supposed to be some kind of genius?" Cora questions impatiently.

"Genius? Yes. Psychic? No." Lydia replies. "Honestly, I don't even know why you're bothering with me, anyway... I mean, especially since it's obvious you should be talking to Danny."

"What? Why Danny?" Stiles asks.

"Because..." They all look up as Scott walks through the doorway holding onto his shoulder. "Last night, he was a target... But he wasn't a sacrifice."