Chapter Forty Seven

Start from the beginning

Thankfully I was able to clear things up and tell her that nobody hates her or is mad at her whatsoever, more guilt overwhelmed me thinking that this whole time she was under the impression I hated her.

No matter what happens with her or any of my friends, it doesn't change the fact that I think Grace is a one in a million girl.

From the day I saw her attacking that elevator button, I just felt it.

She's my best friend.

And he's my best friend.

I love them both and I feel like shit about everything that's happened with them, all the bullshit they've been through and here they were. Going to the same school and getting stuck in the same friend group.

I wish Vincent would have told me sooner, it would've helped me understand him better. But I was glad I knew now, it made me look at them both a lot differently.

I always wondered what they were like together, how they got together.... it must've been a crazy love considering what I've seen and heard from Vincent.

They both have the biggest hearts I've ever seen, it was a powerful love undoubtably.

— —

Finally the school day was over, and thankfully it was a Friday too. We were almost in February already and I couldn't believe how fast time was ticking by.

I told James and Ryer to head to our dorm after class was done, I told them I was going to Vincent's to get him since he wasn't at school, again.

Surprise surprise.

I can see why he's been skipping for the past couple weeks, but I can't say I wasn't worried about him getting stuck here for another year because he didn't graduate.

I wanted the boys to graduate together and move on together, in a school that wasn't a reform/juvy school for once.

I wanted to live the free life together.

And he was not about to fuck that all up.

I peel out of the school parking lot and arrive at the building C parking lot in what felt like moments. I get out of the car and make my way to the doors as I lock my car from my keys.

Going up the elevator, I already knew that when I got up there I'd have to wake him up out of bed. I'd bet my fucking life that he just slept all day and wallowed.

Sleep isn't so dangerous so it didn't bother me, but he really did need to start getting back out.

I finally make it to his floor and saunter my way to his door and let myself in.

I look to his bed as I close the door behind me, but he wasn't in it. I skim around the room and there was no sign of Vincent anywhere.

Which was odd because I knew for a fact he wasn't at school, so where would he be.

Suddenly, I catch the sickening sight of something; something that made my stomach spiral and I felt deadly.

I felt sick to my stomach and I'd bet my face was white as a fucking ghost.

I stare at the sight of Vincent's feet, poked out of the cracked open bathroom door as he lays on the ground. I snap out of my state of shock and rush over to the bathroom in terror.