Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Elys and Eamon didn't last much longer in their training before they started fighting again. Barely half an hour. At least this time they threw down their weapons and opted for wrestling instead. It took both Jai and Gideon to separate them, arms and legs flailing as they tried to get each other. By the time they had them at a distance where they couldn't reach each other, the four of them were all out of breath...and immediately started laughing at how ridiculous they all looked. After that, Jai ended their session all together.

Lyv was right. Those boys were exactly like him and Gideon.

"I feel bad for you and Lyv if you ever try for a boy," Gideon snorted as he set Eamon back down on his feet. "These two are good practice for whenever that day comes, though."

Jai grinned as he shifted Elys in his arms and poked his stomach. "What is with you two lately?"

"Nothing," he shrugged...and then stuck out his tongue at Eamon.

"He's been making fun of me," Eamon answered after doing the same.

Elys's smile widened. "Because there's a girl who likes him."

Oh, gods. It was starting.

Jai had to fight the urge to groan, though he couldn't help but rub a hand down his face. "Of course, there is," he sighed. "But that's no reason to be fighting, though."

"Then tell him to stop making fun of me when he knows I don't like her back!"

Elys shrugged one shoulder. "Why? Because I think it's funny, especially when I already told you about your..."

Eamon's face immediately flushed as he glanced back at Gideon before narrowing his eyes at Elys. "Don't say anything about that!"

"Enough, you two!" Jai said, voice rising to be heard over the two of them.

Both boys grumbled, crossing their arms over their chests. "Fine."

"Now, you go cleaned up before dinner, all right? You're covered in sweat and dirt and I'd rather not be smelling you from across the table."

Gideon and the others were still grinning as Jai set Elys back down on his feet before he and Eamon bolted for the stairs. Posy and Jett, who had been reading one of Posy's books while watching the training session, jumped up and flew after them. Jai didn't let out his held breath until both boys and pixies disappeared.

"I say again, you and Lyv will have your hands full if you ever decide to try for a boy," Gideon said as he came up beside him and clasped a hand on his shoulder.

"I swear I'm going to get gray hairs because of those two."

Turning to walk back to the others, Jai immediately noticed Mik was gone and so were the guardsmen Jai himself had tasked in following a short distance behind. His eyes went to Allel. "Where's your mate?"

"You know he's got a name, right?" she sighed. "He left while you two were breaking up Elys and Eamon. Said he wanted to talk to Lyv for a moment."

"What about?"

"Don't know. He didn't tell me anything."

"And you let him go?"

"Yes, because I trust him, unlike you all."

Jai winced. Ouch.

A gnawing ache started in Jai's chest, one that started as soon as he saw the look between Lyv and Mik just a little while before. He still didn't understand the friendship between them, especially given the history even if it was with the conduit and not Mik himself. Mik knew something Jai didn't, something that Lyv was hiding from him.