The Parents(15)

It had been almost 2 weeks since the Yule Ball. Harry hadn't talked to his parents, and suddenly he was feeling a new and strange emotion. He was angry. He was furious that they could ask for his forgiveness than give up when they really got to know him. Alex had gone through the second task coming out victorious but changed. It all seemed to be getting to him. It was no longer like the lighthearted adventures he used to go on with his friends. It felt as though it was getting more serious. He stopped talking to Harry. He was so stressed and frankly, he was so confused because, after the ball, he talked with his parents...

It was 26 of December and Alex was at his parent's house admiring his gifts and sending quick letters to everyone who sent one. Alex had thought that Harry was coming home for the holidays, but he had gone to stay with Snape and the Malfoys, for a reason Alex did not quite know yet. He had sent Harry a gift. A green tie embroidered with a silver thread that made it glimmer. It was a touch of femininity to the otherwise masculine tie. 

Knocks came from Alex's door,

"Come in" He called out still focussing on the letter he was writing. 

"Hey Al, I just wanted to talk to you about Harry," His father said with almost a stern tone, "I understand that you are confused why he didn't come for Christmas again. I decided that it wasn't the best idea for him to come considering his" He paused looking out the window, almost looking for the right words for such a wrong statement, "beliefs." 

Alex looked at his father. He had always looked up to his father, no matter how wrong he was or how awful his actions, he was his flesh and blood, but not letting Harry come because of the dress? Or in the back of Alex's mind, a horrible thought brewed, or for Draco...

"Your mother and I do not quite agree on these fronts..." Again a long pause " She has decided to clear her head, she has headed to visit Harry" He paused again looking away, mumbling under his breath "against my warnings."

"Alex you're going to see Harry at school again, and I want to make this perfectly clear, you will not talk to him." He took his eyes off the wall and looked at Alex directly.

Alex was shocked. He loved his brother for who he was and he wasn't going to stop talking to him until his dad finished his last sentence.

"If you do decide to go against my best wishes, then I'll have no choice but to take away yours and Harry's lordships, along with your spot at this house and your spot at Hogwarts." 

Alex looked at his father almost looking for a glimmer of humor in his eyes. It had to be a joke. His father had just threatened not only him but Harry and his second home. The chips were on the table and it was Alex's move. He nodded, his father left and Alex found some tears escaping him. He told himself he was doing it for the greater good, but he just didn't know anymore. His mom was gone, and he wasn't sure if his dad was too, or if this was how he had always been. 

His mask was dropped, and Alex was left in a wreck of what he expected his future to be like, or he could just listen...

The holiday had been not as eventful for Harry, but he was now in a strong relationship with Draco. His mom had earned his trust, and he finally got his hug. It felt so right. Tears started falling from both of them and they just stayed there for a while. 

Harry and Draco arrived at the great hall for breakfast, hand in hand. Blaise beckoned them to the table, and so their day began like it had every day before. The third week of the Triwizard tournament was approaching. Harry was anxious and worried about his brother, but he had Draco to help him through it. I mean what could really go wrong...

We are approaching the finale with only about two or three more chapters to go what will happen next, and what book should I work on next? Thanks for reading the amount of reads and votes is insane. And the comments are definitely my favorite part. Thank you so much and have a great week.