You are evil (3)

Draco pulled Harry into the hallway.

"What happened in there?" he questioned rightfully worried. 

"It's not a big deal." Harry tried to look confident, but his eyes were puffy and his cheek tear-stained. He looked more distressed than usual and his resting face had begun to change into a frown. His eyes and hair seemed to be drained of their once vibrant colors. 

"Harry, I've seen the way your parents treat your brother and from what I can tell they would never treat him like this."

"Can we just drop this for now Dray?" Harry's voice had become slightly more aggravated.  His features softened. He knew if Harry was sorted into Slytherin there were reasons. He was probably incredibly stubborn. 

"Yeah, we can drop it." RIght as the words came out of Draco's mouth a swarm of students came rushing in.  Harry blended in with the crowd escaping Dracos incoming lecture. Draco sighed as he grabbed his satchel and books and scurried inside before he was considered late. He took a spot next to Harry and pulled out his potions book. 

Harry looked excited. His book had notes on the edges and improvements to some more simple potions. He seemed to really enjoy potions. Harry wasn't ignorant nor dumb, but he also wasn't unrealistically smart. He had good enough grades and he was average in almost every subject before Hogwarts, but he knew he would do good in potions. He was already good at potions.

Draco was too distracted reading Harry's notes to hear all of Snape's speech or even some of the questions he fired at Alex and Harry. They began to brew a simple potion and by the end of class Harry's and Draco's potions were top of the class. Harry grinned at his handiwork. Hogwarts was going to be fun. 

The rest of the day went by quickly for Harry, as for Draco it was a living hell. He tended to get distracted in most classes and Harry was this close to shoving ADHD meds down his throat. 

AnytimeHarry got bored in class he would pull out his sketchbook and draw. His passion for drawing hadn't diminished despite the lack of praise or approval from his parents. He still loved Slytherin, even though his parent's disapproval still rung through his head. 

You are evil.

 A Freak 

Yet he still loved Slytherin and he loved his new friends.

He walked into the common room with Draco Crabbe and Goyle after Transfiguration, the last class of their first day. Draco and Crabbe played a game of wizard chess while Goyle read a book sitting upside down in a chair, much to Harry's annoyance and motherly disapproval. Harry grabbed his beat-up sketchbook from his trunk. 

He opened it up to a half-finished page of the potter library. In the picture sat a sad, scared, frail, tiny, scrawny, boy at about the age of five. Buble letters create the song lyrics of happy birthday above his head yet each time Alex was mentioned his name would be cracked. Tears seem to have traveled down the boys face, yet he was not crying. There was a tray of food laying on the ground with an untouched piece of cake lying dead center in the middle. 

Harry briefly relived the moment before deciding to flip to a separate page. He drew the first happy picture he can remember drawing. A picture of him and his friends meeting on the Hogwarts express. His head was on Draco's shoulder while Crabbe and Goyle both were looking at a chocolate frog on Crabbe's head. It all looked so whimsical and peaceful. He was truly the happiest he had ever been, even with James reminding him of his pain at home, he was still happy

Happier than he had been in a long time.   

Thank you all for supporting the book. I would love to hear yall's suggestions for were to really take the story and if I should do something a little more special. hope I explained the pictures in enough detail. maybe you even want to try to draw it. All content in my story is up for grabs from anyone in the community. Thank you for supporting me