Almost like a Curse (9)

Alex practically ran down the stairs to the living room. There his parents sat peacefully reading and sipping tea. It was like any other summer. Harry was at Crabbes, he thinks, and the school year was yet to start. 

"Mom, Dad can we talk?" Alex blurted out, somehow losing his own train of thought.

"Of course sweetheart what is it?"  Lilly asked as her son sat across from them.

Alex took out the book and slid it across the table. The look of shock on his parent's faces revealed nothing. 

"Are you gonna explain this?" Alex asked looking straight at his parents, his gaze was unwavering and clear. 

"Alex we never thought you'd find this.." James said picking up the torn beaten and battered book.

"So you knew?! You knew about the journal and the pictures and the state of that bloody depressing room and yet you didn't do anything!? He is your son! He is my brother! Did you never try to say you're sorry for the howler or I don't know his whole f***ing childhood!" Alex was yelling at the end. He was infuriated. His childhood had been to wonderful, yet he never noticed the other human being living with them and apparently neither did his parents. 

Lily stared at her son. She couldn't see what was wrong. She couldn't push past the years of fogged guilt she had tried to push to the back of her mind. Then like a ton of brick falling from the top of a building, it hit her. She started to tear up and fiddle with her hands. James looked at her and tried to comfort his crying wife

"James, we ruined him. He is our son and we ruined him." Lily chocked out through ever-increasing sobs

"he heard us call him a freak, at elven! We have to say we are sorry." Lily couldn't control her sobs, but somehow Alex was unmoved.

"I'm gonna stay at Padfoot and Moony's." Alex picked up the book and flooed to their house. 

He arrived at 12 Grimwald places. The outside was painted a sunny yellow, curtesy of Moony, who was trying to help Sirius get over his childhood in the house they now lived in. Alex flooed in through the entryway fireplace. 

"Hey, Sirius."

"Hey, cub, something wrong?" Sirius asked helping Alex dust off the floo powder left on his clothes. 

Sirius led him into the living room where Moony was already sitting reading a book on herbology used in cooking. 

"I know this is random, but do you guys remember Harry?" Alex set down his stuff beside the armchair by the fireplace and sat down. Moony quickly set down his book and looked at Alex.

"Who?" Remus looked at Sirius with a puzzled look.

"Harry, your godson, my twin." Alex stared directly at Remus. It was like something snapped.  Remus's pupils dilated and Sirius seemed to go into a trance. Suddenly the spell was broken. 

"Harry!" Sirius called out. Alex looked at him puzzled.

"We... We tried to take him when he was five and something happened. For the life of me I cannot remember what. How could we forget someone we almost adopted Remus?!" Sirius was upset and confused. 

"Sirius, I think we have been under a curse." Remus turned to Sirius. 

"James..." Sirius chocked out as he looked at Remus, and like that they had apparated to the Potter manor, leaving Alex sitting in their living room.

"James!" Sirius's voice boomed through the house, "James we need to talk." 

He walked into the living room and found Lily and James in tears.

"Paddy I think I ruined my son's life..." James looked at Sirius with a look of true remorse and like the softies, the Mauraders once had been they all hugged each other and cried. 

"This year we will fix it. Remus is teaching Defence and we can fix this." 

But Harry had already moved on. He had Draco, could this truly be fixed? 

I love cliffhangers. :D I think next time we are gonna focus more on merging the two storylines and then the Yule ball. I want to know if yall really want Harry to forgive his parents. I know if I was Sirius I wouldn't forgive James, but the story must go on XD Thanks for reading